Gilchrist

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bob Haynie had the Terps' guy from Pressbox on who broke this news...as saying Gilchrist lost an appeal from the conference, because the rule for transferring within the ACC is TWO years, not one.

Yet apparently nobody knew this outside the university.

All I will say is that I demand Keith Cavanaugh's head on a platter. How did he not inform anyone of this over the past year (Haynie, who does the weekly show with him, admitted as much)?

There is something REALLY fishy here...

I have made some comments on Gilchrist that resulted from emotion and were in poor taste and for that I apologize.

But this is now beyond ridiculous. I feel bad for anyone that is getting bad advice and this appears to be the case with Gilchrist. His "personal advisor" Terelle Woody is really not doing Gus any favors.

I really hope that this young man grows up and soon or he'll be just another washed up athlete wondering "what if".

Bob Haynie had the Terps' guy from Pressbox on who broke this news...as saying Gilchrist lost an appeal from the conference, because the rule for transferring within the ACC is TWO years, not one.

All I will say is that I demand Keith Cavanaugh's head on a platter. How did he not inform anyone of this over the past year (Haynie, who does the weekly show with him, admitted as much)?

I'm kinda confused about what you are saying here. How does Keith Cavanaugh deserve blame?

He's not a Terps guy, he's a recruiting guy. He will stop at nothing to bad mouth the Maryland program, so take everything he says about the Terps (not neccesarily the Gilchrist situation, but anything Maryland related) with a grain of salt. He's a Maryland alum who feels snubbed by Gary and the program and has adopted Duke or anything Mike Brey related as his favorites. He's a very knowledgable guy, but has it in for Maryland in a big way.

I have always said that Brey would be a perfect replacement for Williams if Maryland does ever get rid of him, which as a Carolina fan I certainly hope they do.

I have always said that Brey would be a perfect replacement for Williams if Maryland does ever get rid of him, which as a Carolina fan I certainly hope they do.

Heck, I would try to get Mark Few away from Gonzaga :noidea:

I just see him as a West Coast guy. Great coach though, he's done an unreal job at a small school like Gonzaga.

Who cares where he has been. Don't you think he would have a real good shot at being successful in the ACC?

Gary's achilles heel in the last 4 years has been recruiting, and now this offseason kicks the program right in the Jimmy again. I understand just how much GW has done for the program, but it is time for a coaching change.

Who cares where he has been. Don't you think he would have a real good shot at being successful in the ACC?

Gary's achilles heel in the last 4 years has been recruiting, and now this offseason kicks the program right in the Jimmy again. I understand just how much GW has done for the program, but it is time for a coaching change.

I think he could succeed anywhere, but I don't think he's interested in moving East. His name came up at South Carolina, Tennessee, Iowa and I'm sure others the past few years.

As for Gary Williams recruiting, people always bring up how he's struggled recently. He's never been a good recruiter, from Boston College to Ohio State to Maryland. Jimmy Jackson, Danny Miller, Travis Garrison, and Mike Jones are the only McDonald's guys i can think of off the top of my head. Johnny Rhodes too. His recruiting "problems" have always been there. He's always had good assistants like Art Perry, Dave Dickerson, and Billy Hahn working their tails off for him. As far as prospects go, I don't think Maryland is any worse off then they've ever been. He's just not developing the current guys like he did with Juan Dixon, Steven Blake, Lonny Baxter and guys from your two Final Four teams.

Archived