vs. ASTROS, 5/27

OFFNY

2 minutes ago, birdwatcher55 said:

If we nosedive and start dumping, do you can Buck? I would say yes. He wouldn't want to stick around for a rebuild. To my thinking this is where John Angelos has to step in and make a hard line call on what direction this organization goes.

If he wants to stay he can stay.  But i wouldn't be shocked if he retired back to TV.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"O’Day will earn $5MM in 2016, $6MM in 2017, and $8MM apiece in 2018 and 2019. He’ll then take home $1MM annually for each of the next four years (though obviously won’t be obligated to play for the team in that stretch).

The no-trade clause allows him to designate seven clubs per season, though Connolly notes that he stands to reach ten-and-five rights during 2018."

1 minute ago, birdwatcher55 said:

If we nosedive and start dumping, do you can Buck? I would say yes. He wouldn't want to stick around for a rebuild. To my thinking this is where John Angelos has to step in and make a hard line call on what direction this organization goes.

I always had the feeling that Buck has been planning to retire after his contract is up next year. If things end up going really south, he might resign and move his retirement plans up by one year.

3 minutes ago, birdwatcher55 said:

We need a whole new organization done the right way, all the way down to the scouts.  Who would you think would be a good new manager?  And new GM? 

1 minute ago, oriolediehard said:

We need a whole new organization done the right way, all the way down to the scouts.  Who would you think would be a good new manager?  And new GM? 

"Done the right way"... More so than Buck? You guys are nuts wanting a change!

18 minutes ago, birdwatcher55 said:

I might see what Bundy could fetch at deadline.

Not me.  He is really the only piece outside of Manny that could be truly excellent.  And I am not trading the one pitcher we already have like that.  

Archived