Preston Palmeiro

Triple Crown

14 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

Seems like Seamus Curran was and is the better prospect.  But I guess they want to bring him along slowly at Aberdeen.    

Is there a position that Curran projects to be playing?

I remember when he was drafted the analysis was that the only position he might be able to play was first base.

Is he another guy like Mountcastle and Stewart who might only be DH's?

1 minute ago, panick said:

I remember when he was drafted the analysis was that the only position he might be able to play was first base.

You don't think Mountcastle can even be a left fielder?

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Good call.   Palmeiro looks to be tapping into some power after showing none last year and little even in college.    He had 15 extra base hits out of 32 hits in May.   His strikeouts are also trending down with 32 in 76 AB's in April, 20 in 89 in May, and 7 in his last 37 AB's.

Excited?   No.    Pleased?   Yes.

Like Chance Sisco it looks like the Orioles had him make some adjustments to get to his power and he went through some growing pains in April.   Maybe he's a non prospect but at least a non prospect putting up some numbers now.  

Looks like you can add him to your Josh Hart mancrush list. lol 

1 hour ago, Ruzious said:

Seems like Seamus Curran was and is the better prospect.  But I guess they want to bring him along slowly at Aberdeen.    

Probably, but that's not a high bar to jump. Curran is interesting but has a lot of hurdles in front of him. He's huge, like Adam Dunn Huge at 6-6, 245 pounds and there are not a ton of guys that big who ended up in the major leagues, mainly because that height normally comes with a long swing. I really would have liked to have seen Curran at Delmarva to see how he handled things, but he's only 19-years old and I heard there were some issues with him arguing with umpires this spring so perhaps they felt it was better to not send him on the road with Delmarva. 

If he can put up some numbers at Aberdeen he would become pretty interesting, especially if he can keep his impressive K-BB ratio that he's shown so far in his career. The power hasn't been there a lot, but I heard he has a ton of BP pop and let's remember, Adam Dunn only hit 4 home runs in 152 PAs in rookie ball at 18 years old and that was in the Arizona Rookie League where balls normally fly.

Curran hit five last year in the GCL where wind and big parks make hitting home runs tough. I think we'll know more about Curran after this season. I'm looking forward to seeing him.

1 hour ago, panick said:

If Stewart can't eventually be a passable COF, either we can't coach outfield or he can't be coached, because he's quite athletic, and not particularly slow.

9 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Hard to get excited about a 22 year old at Delmarva.

That poster a season or two ago ruined the optimism for me when he showed us how very few 22 year olds in A ball actually make the MLB.   That's why we need to get Jake Ring out of there.  

• 1 month later...

Archived