Orioles Acquire INF Ruben Tejada From Yankees for cash.

weams

He could spell the end of Flaherty's career with the Orioles. Flaherty was already getting expensive for a utility guy and now with his shoulder injury, who knows if he'll be able to come back and play SS anymore.

Good move and could also mean Hardy gets less time out there which is not an awful thing at this stage of his career.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

He's been pretty big recently.  Overall he's played in 29 games.  .655 OPS.  Pretty steady at SS.  He's been a nice little player and an upgrade from Janish.  

He's been hitting well, I think because he's cut down on his swing and going to RF. Good to see.

I still don't like him much in the field (in part from seeing a let of him with the Mets). 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Tejada has been re-signed on a MiL deal, per Roch.   http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2017/11/tejada-rosa-ripken-among-14-free-agents-signed-by-orioles.html

I guess right now he’d be the best bet to win the UTI spot.

My favorite memory of him from this past season: Grounding out to Elvis Andrus, who threw to Rougned Odor for the force at second. The ball was then tossed to Adrian Beltre on the way to the dugout Beltre then tossed the ball about 20 rows up to me.

6 degrees of separation.

Archived