Chris Davis and Vision Issues

pastorfan

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It could also be that Vyvanse (which seems to be what he switched to) doesn't work exactly like Adderall, Chris interacts with it badly or differently, or that it is even generally less effective for some symptoms than Adderall.  It wouldn't be the first time a pharmaceutical company hard peddled a drug to replace one whose patent was about to expire (as was the case with Adderall and Vyvanse).  From my very cursory search of the internet, there doesn't seem to have been many head to head comparisons between the two drugs....just studies that showed Vyvanse did help with ADHD symptoms.

4 hours ago, pastorfan said:

Forgive me if I missed a conversation on this, but the Fox broadcasters mentioned Davis taking so many called strike threes, and they said that he said something like, "he was having trouble seeing the ball." This is alarming. You can't fix that with batting practice and it very well could explain why he takes fastballs right down the middle for strike three. I mean, If I were Buck I would tell him to gear up and be ready to swing with two strikes as if it were a 3-1 pitch. But if he can't see, then he can't see.

Glasses could fix that problem I would think. 

5 hours ago, weams said:

Do you think that they ever suggested anything to Steve Sax or Rick Ankiel?

Yes, but come on. You mean a guy can't say, "ok, I am going to swing at the next pitch and then he just simply can't do it?" That is outrageous. 

2 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

Both Adderall and nicotine are stimulants, I wonder what the interaction between the two drugs is?

So is caffeine, why aren't you wondering how much coffee he drinks?  Or if he has a bad Red Bull habit?  Maybe he does the Dew to excess?

Just seems to me your purpose there was just to mention that Davis chews/chewed.

Let's not be ridiculous.  While not a great habit (and I certainly wish he didn't do it)........Davis has chewed tobacco his entire time here.  Many years.  That includes the years he had his therapeutic use exemption and when he didn't.

We should be looking at variables that have changed.........not ones that have stayed the same.

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

So is caffeine, why aren't you wondering how much coffee he drinks?  Or if he has a bad Red Bull habit?  Maybe he does the Dew to excess?

Just seems to me your purpose there was just to mention that Davis chews/chewed.

NO I just had an honest question. I don't know the man, I was wondering if he still chews or whether he has quit. The Adderall/Vyvense usage sheets do say that caffeine and nicotine should be avoided.

3 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

NO I just had an honest question. I don't know the man, I was wondering if he still chews or whether he has quit. The Adderall/Vyvense usage sheets do say that caffeine and nicotine should be avoided.

OK, I believe you.  Just other posters have taken the chance to slam Davis over his tobacco use over the years.

9 hours ago, pastorfan said:

Yes, but come on. You mean a guy can't say, "ok, I am going to swing at the next pitch and then he just simply can't do it?" That is outrageous. 

You still have to recognize the pitch and judge whether it's going to be close to the strike zone, in a fraction of a second.    You don't want to make up your mind to swing before the pitch is even thrown and then be swinging at unreachable sliders in the dirt.     

2 hours ago, webbrick2010 said:

This is an honest question so don't take this wrong, but do you watch the games? Because if you do, you have to see that giant wad in his lip right?

Archived