The Official JJ Hardy PA update thread

Aglets

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This could turn into a Krod situation. Where DD wants one guy to be in a certain role and Buck wants someone else. I'm not a Hardy hater, but we can not let that option vest at all. If you give him days off then we won't have to be in an uncomfortable position late in the year that could affect the clubhouse. I just have a feeling that Hardy is going to grit through his usual back injury DL stint and hurt the team. Heck, it might already be doing that. 

7 hours ago, maybenxtyr said:

I know right. Can't catch a break this year.

I thought about this a little bit later and realized it did not come out the way I meant for it to. I don't wish any ill health on JJ or any other player. I do hope he doesn't get the 600 plate appearances though. 

I'm quite fond of his time here and would be ecstatic if he wanted a chance as a coach or something in Baltimore when he retires.

11 hours ago, Frobby said:

I will bet any sum of money that Hardy doesn't reach 600 PA.

He's on a pace for about 580 and that is without missing any games due to injury.  He bats low in the order.

It's not even mathematically possible unless he either moves up in the order or literally plays almost every game the rest of the way.  Or we play about 50 extra Innings.

1 minute ago, Aglets said:

I'll post an official tally after Team Game 81 so the math will be super easy.   Looks like that will be early July.   Like Frobby I'm fairly sure that the O's aren't going to let his option vest.

We knew in the offseason that as long as he hit ninth it was very unlikely.  The rest of the lineup just doesn't get on base enough to get a #9 hitter that many at bats.

10 minutes ago, Aglets said:

Tejada is starting at SS today.   Buck must be following along here.  :)

Day game after a night game.  Hardy hit a fly ball to LF last night that would have been out of OPACY.  Just like Davis' in game one.  This team just is built to only win in homer friendly parks.  

Archived