Chris Davis having an MRI on his oblique strain

InsideCoroner

Just now, Tony-OH said:

Well, this is an organization run but DD so it's doubtful he's giving up on the season already. I like Rodriguez a bit, but I'd rather see him get everyday ABs in AAA before he's in consideration for a job in Baltimore even though he is pretty hot.

Would he be likely to be taken in the Rule 5 Draft?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

You have to imagine Pedro will get the call up. Trumbo goes to first, Mancini stays in left field, Alvarez is the DH. 

Makes sense, except what do you see as the lineup when a lefty faces us?

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

And I expect to see Alvarez in the field at some point. 

That would be hard to watch. If we are going to have to watch this garbage at least play someone who has a chance to be a part of their future. 

I know they aren't going to bail on the season yet. 

Just now, eddie83 said:

That would be hard to watch. If we are going to have to watch this garbage at least play someone who has a chance to be a part of their future. 

I know they aren't going to bail on the season yet. 

Buck played him in the field last season for no good reason.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

True, also a lot easier to have a rule V guy on the 25 when the team isn't a contender.

Exactly. I am always one to hold out hope but this season even with 100 games left and the club still at .500 looks to be off the rails.  

54 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

You have to imagine Pedro will get the call up. Trumbo goes to first, Mancini stays in left field, Alvarez is the DH. 

Yep bring him up Davis isn't lighting it up, Oblique injuries very seldom avoid the DL. I think the last one he had he was out for at least a month or more.

3 minutes ago, TouchemAll said:

Yep bring him up Davis isn't lighting it up, Oblique injuries very seldom avoid the DL. I think the last one he had he was out for at least a month or more.

Oblique injuries are always a bit of a mess, there's rarely a set timeline on coming back from them. Sometimes it's a couple weeks, sometimes it's 6.

As others have noted, Davis hasn't exactly been killing it. By the same token, Pedro is posting a .715 OPS in AAA, and is cold again. So I'm not exactly excited there.

2 minutes ago, FlipTheBird said:

Oblique injuries are always a bit of a mess, there's rarely a set timeline on coming back from them. Sometimes it's a couple weeks, sometimes it's 6.

As others have noted, Davis hasn't exactly been killing it. By the same token, Pedro is posting a .715 OPS in AAA, and is cold again. So I'm not exactly excited there.

OH I agree got nothing to lose at this point what's the worst that could happen he bombs and gets DFA again right.

Archived