Fahey up, Knott down (!)

Hank Scorpio

But whats the love affair with this board and Jon Knott?

Before this season he had a lifetime OPS of .900 in the minors. In five full seasons, only posted an OPS under .900 once, and that was .816. And he demolishes left handed pitching to the tune of something like >1.000 OPS.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How do you showcase a guy who is struggling to hit .200 and now has zero power? I saw him and Boom Boom cross home plate the other night on the home run and I swear Freddie was the bigger of the 2. I love Jay but even love has its limits!

Lets not even talk about showcasing his contract!

The guy has be known to turn it up as the season rolls along in the past.

No..but why have Knott up now? Im hearing Gibbons is going to get alot of PT the next couple weeks.

If we play Gibbons against lefties for the sake of getting him at bats his numbers are going to get even worse.

Because we have two OFs (Gibbons and Patterson) who cannot hit lefties. Jon Knott can.

Oddly, Gibbons is hitting .270/.325/.405 and Patterson is hitting .303/.347/.379 vs. LHP. CPat went 3 for 3 vs. Pettitte last night. Obviously I wouldn't count on this trend continuing, but so far these guys have not been big liabilities vs. LHP.

Archived