How can your major job to report on O's baseball....

wildcard

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

Is this a new rule under the new CBA?     I've never heard it before.       If this rule had been in effect last year, Bundy would have been eligible to be optioned, correct?

Don't think so.  I am a little gun shy from being wrong on Brodick's comment but I will tell you what I think.

The rule was from the old CBA.   I don't know if it is in the new CBA since I am not aware that it has been published.

I don't think it would have applied to Bundy in 2016.   Its is about getting a 4th option. Bundy was optioned 4 times.  2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015.  He signed a major league contract and had to be optioned after signing to be sent to the minors.

http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/player-bio/dylan-bundy/bio

The rules may have apply to him in 2015.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Actually, he's a guy I would trust a lot because of his access to team officials, Buck and the coaching staff. Let's not forget, Bordick is still basically a coach for the organization and although we can spend all day critiquing his announcing style, he' still very much up on what's happening with the club. He may not always come across this way on the telecasts, but he's a smart guy who spends a lot of time around the team.

Yes. More than me. 

3 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Actually, he's a guy I would trust a lot because of his access to team officials, Buck and the coaching staff. Let's not forget, Bordick is still basically a coach for the organization and although we can spend all day critiquing his announcing style, he' still very much up on what's happening with the club. He may not always come across this way on the telecasts, but he's a smart guy who spends a lot of time around the team.

Bordick is a great guy to have around the organization.  He's good in his announce role when we are winning.  He's a homer.  That's cool, we all are.  I'm sure Bordick could say things like Palmer does.  He just doesn't have the pull.  Palmer gets on the pitchers.  I'm sure Bordick could really be getting on some of the bad plays Manny has made this year.  

Archived