McDowell

brooksfrankjim

23 minutes ago, thezeroes said:

He shaved a complete run off his era in the second half of last year.  So NO I am not kidding you

There was never a point last year where Gausman's ERA was above 4.37.    He was better in the second half, but decent in the first half as well.     There's no comparison between the first half of 2016 and the first half of this year.   

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, LookitsPuck said:

Still pissed at how this organization f'ed up the Duncan/Chiti negotiations. Why the hell weren't they brought back? 

1 hour ago, Nevermore said:

I was wondering too. Why weren't  they brought back? 

Well, for one thing, Duncan was never here in the first place.    ?

Wallace didn't want to coach in the majors this year.    He chose to leave and wasn't going to be talked out of it like he was the year before.    I think they might have been able to keep Chiti by promoting him, but they chose not to.    There seemed to be some friction between Chiti and Brady Anderson that may have been a factor in the decision.   

• 1 month later...
On June 23, 2017 at 7:38 PM, brooksfrankjim said:

Why hasn't there been more discussion about his performance? Every starting pitcher is worse than last year, except maybe Bundy who is trending worse now. 

This rotation is trash. Tillman has been injured but the steps back Gausman and Miley have made are daggers. Will Buck end up with another pitching coach next year?

Got to give him some credit for recent results.

6 minutes ago, wildcard said:

IMO Gausman's improvement keeps McDowell's job safe.

Actually, I feel the exact opposite. Gausman's recent improvement is exactly why McDowell should be in the hot seat. Why hasn't Gausman pitched like this all year? If Gausman was having mechanical issues, why couldn't they have figured it out back in late May when the Orioles were spiraling out of contention and having major issues with their starting pitching? Plus what caused him to get so screwed up during the first half of the season in the first place?

14 minutes ago, TINSTAAPP said:

Actually, I feel the exact opposite. Gausman's recent improvement is exactly why McDowell should be in the hot seat. Why hasn't Gausman pitched like this all year? If Gausman was having mechanical issues, why couldn't they have figured it out back in late May when the Orioles were spiraling out of contention and having major issues with their starting pitching? Plus what caused him to get so screwed up during the first half of the season in the first place?

If they've got something working to end the year, we aren't likely to change it bc it took a couple months to figure out.

1 hour ago, TINSTAAPP said:

Kevin trusted Wallace.  It may have taken a while for Kevin to trust McDowell.  Trust him enough to make any changes he suggested.  This doesn't happen over night.  It can take a while for some players.  The important thing is Kevin seem to have found it again.  And McDowell is there to witness it so he can help him find it again next year.

Archived