Zac Lowther

glenn__davis

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, WalkWithElias said:

Whether he ever becomes a solid major league rotation piece, Lowther's minor league numbers are really something else. 

43 games (41 starts), 220 innings, 265 Ks, 0.98 WHIP, 2.00 ERA. 

A June promotion to Norfolk should be in order.  He's yet to really be challenged.  I felt he spent too much time in Frederick last year....almost 100 innings.  Should have probably finished last season in Bowie. 

1 hour ago, ChuckS said:

A June promotion to Norfolk should be in order.  He's yet to really be challenged.  I felt he spent too much time in Frederick last year....almost 100 innings.  Should have probably finished last season in Bowie. 

I’m open minded about this.    I’ll point out, though, that Lowther’s K rate (8.3) and K/BB rate (2.3) are not at a dominating level, and his WHIP (1.16) is solid but nothing amazing.  I’d like all those numbers to be a little stronger before considering a mid season promotion.   There’s a decent chance he’ll do that, based on his last 4 outings (0.75 ERA, 1.00 WHIP, 9.4 K/9, 5.0 K/BB), but let’s see that happen.   

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’m open minded about this.    I’ll point out, though, that Lowther’s K rate (8.3) and K/BB rate (2.3) are not at a dominating level, and his WHIP (1.16) is solid but nothing amazing.  I’d like all those numbers to be a little stronger before considering a mid season promotion.   

Quite the world we live in when an 8.3K rate isn't considered dominating.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I’m open minded about this.    I’ll point out, though, that Lowther’s K rate (8.3) and K/BB rate (2.3) are not at a dominating level

I know a guy who told me Erbe was a strike out machine & his K/9 was less impressive.

giphy-2.gif

2 hours ago, Cy Bundy said:

I know a guy who told me Erbe was a strike out machine & his K/9 was less impressive.

giphy-2.gif

Now don’t be obnoxious, Cumber.  You know I was talking about the early part of Erbe’s career.   We already had that conversation.   

42 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Now don’t be obnoxious, Cumber.  You know I was talking about the early part of Erbe’s career.   We already had that conversation.   

Jokes between guys on the net are not allowed?

0*A8ngrH_6o96fbzaV.jpg

How will Corn survive? I do recall you amending an argument about Erbe being a strike out machine once you realized he was not, flawless recall is a curse. 

giphy.gif

23 minutes ago, brvn52 said:

6 shutout innings for Lowther today.

6 IP, 0 runs, 2 hits, 3 walks, 4 K’s

Drops his season ERA to 1.68. Career ERA now below 2, at 1.95!

*language at the end.

We need to play this as he takes the mound.

Archived