vs. CUBS, 7/15

OFFNY

o

The last time that the Red Sox beat the Yankees on a walk-off walk was in August of 1956, when Ted Williams was the final batter of said game.

61 years later, it happened again.

Red Sox Beat Yankees on Improbable Walk-Off Walk

(By Tracy Katzke)

https://bosoxinjection.com/2017/07/15/red-sox-walk-off-base-balls-evokes-memories/

o

T EXAS RANGERS

o

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

o

CHICAGO CUBS

Jon Jay - DH

Kris Bryant - 3B

Anthony Rizzo - 1B

Willson Contreras - C

Ian Happ - LF

Addison Russell - SS

Jason Heyward - RF

Javier Baez - 2B

Reinaldo Albert Almora, Jr. - CF

Jacob Joseph Arrieta - P )) (8-7, 4.35 ERA) ) *

* ) Leads the Major Leagues in Wild Pitches (13)

BALTIMORE O RIOLES

Adam Jones - CF

Manny Machado - 3B

Jonathan Schoop - 2B

Chris Davis - 1B

Mark Trumbo - DH

Trey Mancini - LF

Garry Seth Smith - RF

Caleb Martin Joseph - C

Ruben Tejada - SS

Wade Allen Miley - P )) (4-7, 4.97 ERA)

http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

o

2 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

CHICAGO CUBS

Jon Jay - DH

Kris Bryant - 3B

Anthony Rizzo - 1B

Willson Contreras - C

Ian Happ - LF

Addison Russell - SS

Jason Heyward - RF

Javier Baez - 2B

Reinaldo Albert Almora, Jr. - CF

Jacob Joseph Arrieta - P )) (8-7, 4.35 ERA) ) *

* ) Leads the Major Leagues in Wild Pitches (13)

BALTIMORE O RIOLES

Adam Jones - CF

Manny Machado - 3B

Jonathan Schoop - 2B

Chris Davis - 1B

Mark Trumbo - DH

Trey Mancini - LF

Garry Seth Smith - RF

Caleb Martin Joseph - C

Ruben Tejada - SS

Wade Allen Miley - P )) (4-7, 4.97 ERA)

http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

o

Buck should use Kim some. Maybe end of the month they can see if another team would want him. If not just release him. Get him out of purgatory. 

15 minutes ago, scOtt said:

Skanks tie Sux in top of the 9th. 1-1. I hope they play 20 innings.

What's the record for extra innings?  I think Cal and Rochester played a 27 inning game.

I think it was more like 33 or 34.  Suspended once it got into the 30s and finished later in the summer.  1981.  Vs Pawtucket, including Wade Boggs.  Got a lot of publicity back in the day because MLB was on strike.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Thanks for pointing that out. I hadn’t realized that.  For the record I don’t want either as an impact guy.  I wouldn’t be upset if we picked up an innings eater type to absorb some load.  
    • I remember when we relied upon the Rule 5 draft to find ML players. I'm glad those days are gone.
    • Also, it’s just a numbers game that some sub set of AA/AAA guys will make some contribution in the MLB at some point.  You could probably take the bottom 10% of our farm system right now and the odds are that one of those guys will do something to contribute at the MLB level over some period of time. 
    • @Greg Pappas the question everyone is asking about the O's overall draft strategy is, (and I am paraphrasing here), how do they get premium starting pitching into the system without targeting it in the early rounds of the draft? I think you can look back on all of those drafts you have reviewed and find pitchers that the O's passed over that have been successful, to some extent, in pro ball.  So do they go in a different direction? Latin American? Asia? It seems like they have shyed away from pitching entirely if it requires them to risk significant $. It appears that they draft pitchers with one or two measurable skills in the later rounds for less money; almost as if they are hedging their bets. Of course, given the cost of premium starting pitching on the open market, if they hit on one or two it might seem a brilliant strategy.
    • After the YES guys told us that Stroman is a GB pitcher and the Rays are GB hitters, leadoff HR off Stroman followed by three fly balls/line drives to the OFs. Stroman sinker not sinking, it appears. NYYs loaded the bases with one out, didn't score.   1-0 TB after the first.
    • Kikuchi had a strong first month. He’s been awful since then. The worst ERA (6.62) in baseball among full-time starters over the last two months. And the FIP is pretty weak (4.45) during that span as well. I’d think he’s closer to being a DFA than he is to an SP3 in a playoff rotation at this point . Realistically, we shouldn’t want either Kikuchi or Anderson, if we’re looking for an SP3. I wouldn’t pay much more than cash and maybe one prospect in the 25-40 range for either of them. 
    • Hell no. Lmao. Snell in general. I’d rather Papa Rubenstein pay the salary price versus the farm what it will take for Skubal or Crochet.  Us having the WALL, and not having a LH SP for that WALL in the playoffs, is dumb. We need a LH SP. Snell. 
  • Popular Contributors