Gray Fenter

Riley Magee

Made his Aberdeen debut, coming on in relief.  Had a clean first inning, the second inning he was having trouble throwing his curveball and change-up for strikes.  When he threw his fastball on the plate, it was getting barreled, including a home run.  Curveball and change-up look like they have some serious movement.  Got pulled after 1.2 IP 3H, 3R, 0BB, 1K.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Fenter pitched a nice game yesterday, 6 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 6 K’s.    Unfortunately, his 3-0 lead was blown by Tim Naughton, who allowed 6 runs in a tidy 0 innings.

He deserved better for his effort.  Unbelievable implosion by Naughton.

On 4/28/2019 at 7:19 AM, Frobby said:

Fenter pitched a nice game yesterday, 6 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 6 K’s.    Unfortunately, his 3-0 lead was blown by Tim Naughton, who allowed 6 runs in a tidy 0 innings.

I always liked Fenter's arm. Felt he had a shot at being a reliever with his fastball, curveball combo but dropped from the list after a tough year last year. He could end up back on the list though this year with a good year, especially if he can get moved to Frederick and have some success.

• 4 weeks later...

Fenter had some command issues today, walking 5 batters, hitting a batter and throwing a wild pitch in 5 innings, but pitched around it, yielding only 1 run and 3 hits while striking out 6.    The tone was set early when Fenter walked the first three batters of the game, then induced a run-scoring DP grounder and struck out the final batter of the inning.   In addition to the 5 free passes and one HBP, a runner also reached via an error.    To allow only one run was fairly miraculous.

His ERA stands at 2.17.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Well it isn't a quality start now is it?

I suppose not, but I’m pretty sure they only pulled him because they are piggybacking Rom off him tonight.   He only threw 61 pitches. 

And yes, I know you were being tongue in cheek.   Just adding a little more info for anyone wondering why he didn’t pitch longer.    

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Am I allowed to say Fenter pitched a “gem” tonight?   5 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 5 K’s.    His ERA is down to 2.09.

Nice to see the 0 BBs. Always had a nice arm. Still think there is a reliever profile in there. Would like to see him again this year though.

• 1 month later...

Archived