Santander

OriolesMagic83

59 minutes ago, Cumberbundy said:

Maybe he'll play tonight.  ?

o

(AUGUST 18th, 2017)

Santander is making his Major League career debut tonight vs. the Angels.

o

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER 

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER 

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER 

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER 

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER 

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER 

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER 

o

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I don't get the Gentry love. Never have. Id start Mancini in LF, Trumbo at 1b, and Santander in RF with another bat (Castillo? or Joseph) as DH.

He isn't loved. His skill set is just more valuable when rosters expand. Always nice to have a good glove and late inning speed. 

10 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I don't get the Gentry love. Never have. Id start Mancini in LF, Trumbo at 1b, and Santander in RF with another bat (Castillo? or Joseph) as DH.

Some of us like outfielders who can actually run and are don't get nervous when they get within 15 feet of the wall.

Gentry is a deeply flawed player but at least he can play the outfield.

I am really excited to watch Santander tonight, I was thrilled when I was checking to see if the lineup was out and read Roch's first line "So much for easing Santander into the MLB...". I know we were 'forced' to call him up but if you're going to call up a prospect he needs to be playing. I was frustrated reading about how he was going to ride the bench for the majority of the year so he doesn't hurt our chances. I don't think he will be completely overmatched like people think, in fact he might be one of our 3 best outfielders already and actually increase our chances. But we will watch and see.

Edited by scbalt52
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, eddie83 said:

He isn't loved. His skill set is just more valuable when rosters expand. Always nice to have a good glove and late inning speed. 

The Pitcher could use the defense. Plenty of offense in that lineup. 

Santander has shockingly high ownership in dfs tonight as a minimum cost option in the OF. Only Beckham & Trout have more ownership in this game. In the main contest on fanduel he's owned on 6% of rosters. That means he's got everyone's attention - I figured it would be about 1.9-2.3 on a night with so many bad pitchers & great options. Unbelievable.

18 minutes ago, Cumberbundy said:

Santander has shockingly high ownership in dfs tonight as a minimum cost option in the OF. Only Beckham & Trout have more ownership in this game. In the main contest on fanduel he's owned on 6% of rosters. That means he's got everyone's attention - I figured it would be about 1.9-2.3 on a night with so many bad pitchers & great options. Unbelievable.

I clued a friend in from work that he was going to be activated Thursday.  Made no guarantee about playing time but told him if he had room for a flyer...

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I clued a friend in from work that he was going to be activated Thursday.  Made no guarantee about playing time but told him if he had room for a flyer...

Didn't Martha Stewart do jail time for that sort of thing?

• Haha 1