Jump to content

vs. ROYALS, 8/02


OFFNY

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks from the weather map like there will be some interruptions but the game can be played. Only question is whether the SPs will get screwed up by the delay. It seems like the opposing SP is the one with the rhythm who can be hurt by a rain delay -- tonight it's our guy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

This should not last long. 

 

2 minutes ago, MDK02 said:

Hopefully this isn't a long delay. Hellickson looks good thus far.

Hate to see the momentum stopped...just ask Cleveland.

Plus I don't want to stay up late ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, mrbig1 said:

Please no first pitch swinging. We have to work Vargas.

Ben McDonald feels just the opposite.   He says Vargas' best pitch by far is his changeup.   So if you can get a first pitch fastball you like, you should be all over it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I had not heard the story of how Jim Palmer helped Caleb Joseph, that Ben McDonald and Joe Angel told an inning or so ago.   Is it common knowledge and I just somehow missed it?

Apparently late last season Jim talked to Caleb at the tail end of his awful offensive year and said the only thing he should do is concentrate at all times on where the bat head is.   Be aware of where it is and try to keep it in the zone as much as possible.

Caleb said he took that to heart starting with his offseason BP and into spring training, and it's made a huge difference.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

So I had not heard the story of how Jim Palmer helped Caleb Joseph, that Ben McDonald and Joe Angel told an inning or so ago.   Is it common knowledge and I just somehow missed it?

Apparently late last season Jim talked to Caleb at the tail end of his awful offensive year and said the only thing he should do is concentrate at all times on where the bat head is.   Be aware of where it is and try to keep it in the zone as much as possible.

Caleb said he took that to heart starting with his offseason BP and into spring training, and it's made a huge difference.

I'd never heard it before tonight, was likewise wondering whether everyone else had.  (By the way, I've heard/read it's a common trait for the youngest in a family to think you're the only one who missed out on something. :) I do it all the time.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

I live less that 10 miles from Yankee Stadium. Huge storm there the last couple of hours, just light rain here.

Down here the storms can be very intense yet localized.  It isn't odd at all for an area a mile away to not get any rain at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Down here the storms can be very intense yet localized.  It isn't odd at all for an area a mile away to not get any rain at all.

Seems like it's an August thing. It gets really humid, and it just bursts in some place and not others.

NYYs-Tigers just started the top of the 8th (Tigers up, 2-0). Game started at 2 pm, I think.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

I'd never heard it before tonight, was likewise wondering whether everyone else had.  (By the way, I've heard/read it's a common trait for the youngest in a family to think you're the only one who missed out on something. :) I do it all the time.)

I love how much Palmer loves the team. They should double his salary to make up for past wages!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, phillyOs119 said:

You don't get drafted 1-1 unless you have tools.  Hopefully the Orioles strong clubhouse will help get Beckham's less desirable traits under control.

I suppose you are referring to the quote “He has a chip on his shoulder,” and “Sometimes he doesn’t give interviews” as his less desirable traits. All of the Rays leaders, Archer, Longoria, Morrison wanted Beck to stay in Tampa. Sometimes its not the player with the problem, but the organization.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...