vs. TIGERS, 8/03

Chavez Ravine

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

NYYs have a man on 3d with one out, strand him.

Meanwhile, Singleton and Michael Kaye drive me crazy me discussing how Christy Mathewson invented the slider. Kind of like saying that Edison did a heck of a job with that telegraph thing.

Well, I for one find old-tyme baseball interesting, and Christy Mathewson was a Giant both literally and figuratively.

Just now, TradeAngelos said:

I know I was looking at it before the game! There was a cell half the size of Baltimore City literally a couple miles away, headed right at the stadium. I'm like what the heck are they doing??

Clever ploy by Buck. Now he can skip Tillman without hurting is feelings. Gausman could pitch . He's had 4 days rest.

1 minute ago, TradeAngelos said:

I know I was looking at it before the game! There was a cell half the size of Baltimore City literally a couple miles away, headed right at the stadium. I'm like what the heck are they doing??

I thought before a game starts the home team has control. We saw this with the Nats drama vs us.  Don't get it. 

4 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Here is some rain-delay information. Anna Benson stood trial for having someone killed when she was a teenager. I did not know that.

o

So if they find out who the actual murderer was in the next couple of hours, will they resume tonight's game based on that ???

o

2 minutes ago, 25 Nuggets said:

He broke the game like he found a glitch.

Regarding Ruth, I am sure you mean you didn't see him play.  It was such a different context - nonetheless he out-homered entire teams.

Yeah.

If I had a time machine I would spend a bunch of my precious time with it...before I was eaten by a Morlock or got my various timelines hopelessly muddled....watching great players I never actually saw play.

Trout is unbelievable.  If he can sustain anything close to this pace for the next 10 years, he has to be considered among the best all time.

Interestingly:  There are three active players with career WAR better than Cabrera;  Pujols, Beltre, and Beltran.  I find that interesting.

27 minutes ago, NickM21 said:

Ruth, Bonds, Cobb, Musial, Gehrig. Aaron, Hornsby, Mays, Mantle, Williams

Not in any order but that'd prob be my top 10. With guys like Speaker, H. Wagner, Foxx, etc right behind. I don't know where you put Cabrera.

Cabrera is 44th all time in Runs Created, between Reggie Jackson and Mike Schmidt.

Archived