8th Round - Bobby Bundy, RHP, Sperry HS, OK

I like the selection of Bundy, too. I like his upside, but does the fact that OFer Isaac Galloway was still available (and was picked 2 spots later) change anyone's opinions about the O's selection of Bundy?

I like the selection of Bundy, too. I like his upside, but does the fact that OFer Isaac Galloway was still available (and was picked 2 spots later) change anyone's opinions about the O's selection of Bundy?

Not at all because he has serious signability questions.

This could be the major talent who slipped that we go above slot for.

I think we all hope the Os would do that with five or six guys and ramp up our draft spending by $5M above slot, but that's simply not what a large majority of teams do.

Bundy would be a strong addition to the high picks we've picked up so far.

Not at all because he has serious signability questions.

Oh, I didn't realize this. I hadn't heard his name mentioned among the tough signs. Thanks for the heads up. What school is he committed to?

Does anyone have any links for proof of this?

From today's Baseball America chat :

Q: Dom from Baltimore asks:

How would you say the O's are doing? When do you think Matusz will be in the bigs?

A: Jim Callis: Sometime in 2010 for Matusz, the best pitcher in the draft. They went heavy for athletic outfielders after that: Xavier Nady, L.J. Hoes, Kyle Hudson. I really like the Bobby Bundy pick in the seventh round if they can sign him.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/article.aspx?articleID=20080607_225_B5_hMLBFI449931

I am not sure if this has been posted, but I ran across this article on Bundy. Sounds as though he is undecided about college or pro but won't make a decision until later in the summer. The article also mentioned that the knee seems to be back to its old self with him touching 95mph with his fastball again. It definitely sounds like we have chance to get a deal done with him.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/article.aspx?articleID=20080607_225_B5_hMLBFI449931

I am not sure if this has been posted, but I ran across this article on Bundy. Sounds as though he is undecided about college or pro but won't make a decision until later in the summer. The article also mentioned that the knee seems to be back to its old self with him touching 95mph with his fastball again. It definitely sounds like we have chance to get a deal done with him.

95mphs!:eek: get him signed!

"I'm going to put it in God's hands right now," Bundy said about whether he would sign with the Orioles or pitch for Arkansas.

What does that even mean?

"I'm going to put it in God's hands right now," Bundy said about whether he would sign with the Orioles or pitch for Arkansas.

Why even go there? If you don't understand, no one here is going to be able to give you a satisfactory answer. So, let it go.

Cynic that I am, I interpret this to mean that God is going to tell him to go to college for a year and wait for a taste of that first-round money.

Archived