David Ginsburg: Duquette at the trade deadline

scOtt

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Cumberbundy said:

I thought he agreed to terms on a Britton trade. Hellickson isn't trying. But, he helped make a wish for a cancer patient, trade away, Duq.

❤️

Go O's!

I think Dan never got what he wanted. Aroldis big.

Some other bigs: Zach Davies is the ace of the Brewers staff (16W / 7L, 3.85 ERA) and the dud we got for him It;s (Parra) is batting clean-up and .328 for the probably playoff-bound Rockies. Hader is considered the top left-handed pitching prospect in baseball and has a 1.44 ERA with 41 Ks, 15 hits and 1 home run-against in 31.33 not-just-LOOGY innings (23 games). Et cetera et cetera. So the record's very mixed and all we can do is hope that the O's we do have will be enough. It's going to be intense.

7 hours ago, scOtt said:

I think Dan never got what he wanted. Aroldis big.

Yeah I couldn't tell if Angelos nixed a deal, the health of a prospect, or if we never accepted. Based on the sounds of the offers I'm glad we didn't trade ZB & I'm glad we didn't trade for Miguel. 

6 hours ago, LA2 said:

Some other bigs: Zach Davies is the ace of the Brewers staff (16W / 7L, 3.85 ERA) and the dud we got for him It;s (Parra) is batting clean-up and .328 for the probably playoff-bound Rockies. Hader is considered the top left-handed pitching prospect in baseball and has a 1.44 ERA with 41 Ks, 15 hits and 1 home run-against in 31.33 not-just-LOOGY innings (23 games). Et cetera et cetera. So the record's very mixed and all we can do is hope that the O's we do have will be enough. It's going to be intense.

Hitting for Colorado doesn't matter. His ops is .222 points higher at home. 

Hader is very good. He's got the wipe out stuff, his outing in NY was hard to watch. Davies has been unbelievable recently. In the 2nd half he's giving up an OBP% under .295 & less than .30 HRs per 9. He had absolutely no issues with the Dodgers or Nats, he's fun to watch if you can block out the pain.

A 26th round pick. We may have found another 26th round gem in Bishop. The future is bright in Baltimore.

3 hours ago, Cumberbundy said:

Yeah I couldn't tell if Angelos nixed a deal, the health of a prospect, or if we never accepted. Based on the sounds of the offers I'm glad we didn't trade ZB & I'm glad we didn't trade for Miguel. 

I'm not glad about that. Certainly we had a spare minor league IFer lying around...

3 hours ago, Cumberbundy said:

Hitting for Colorado doesn't matter. His ops is .222 points higher at home. 

Hader is very good. He's got the wipe out stuff, his outing in NY was hard to watch. Davies has been unbelievable recently. In the 2nd half he's giving up an OBP% under .295 & less than .30 HRs per 9. He had absolutely no issues with the Dodgers or Nats, he's fun to watch if you can block out the pain.

A 26th round pick. We may have found another 26th round gem in Bishop. The future is bright in Baltimore.

4 hours ago, Cumberbundy said:

That's an interesting read, we don't trust guys hit in the face with baseballs. Take Moran elsewhere. ?

Their interest in Moran suggest they expect Manny to walk. Also if one of Forrest Whitley, Francis Martes, Derek Fisher, Kyle Tucker or Yordan Alvarez isn't in the deal I'm out. 

5 hours ago, Cumberbundy said:

OK, so you get no complaints when Ubaldo, Tillman, Hellickson, etc.  keep  getting their hats handed to them because you are glad we didn't add someone who has pitched better than all of them.  

Archived