@ INDIANS, 9/09

scOtt

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• The Orioles have a single regular reliever with an ERA under 3, and that's Coulombe and he's only been back less than a week. Last year they had 4: Bautista, Cano, and Coulombe. Name 2023 ERA 2024 ERA DIFF Yennier Cano 2.11 3.2 1.09 Cionel Perez 3.54 4.61 1.07 Danny Coulombe 2.81 2.2 -0.61 Jacob Webb 3.27 3.15 -0.12 Bryan Baker 3.6 5.01 1.41 Those are some pretty big dropoffs for Cano, Perez. And while Baker isn't a regular, he's certainly been abysmal aside from like a 3-4 week stretch. But it's not just a regression for Cano and Perez, but we also need to look at the guys masquerading/masqueraded as a closer this year in Kimbrel and Seranthony. Kimbrel had a 5.33 ERA, Seranthony with a 3.43. Between the 2 of them, that's nearly 3x worse performance than Bautista. Bowman has been serviceable, but imploded recently. Soto has been awesome for a spell, but he's had periods where things looked really off. The bullpen is absolutely the Achilles heel of this club. Their collective ERA is 4.26 this season. The Royals had the worst in the AL bullpens up until the O's imploded yet again last night. The Royals bullpen ERA is 4.21, btw. It is a major concern going into the playoffs. 
    • I thought about Rivera,  but I figured his ability to play two positions would keep him around.    It will be interesting to see what they decide.     One of the non-pitchers will need to be left off as I understand it.     13 max      
    • Freddie Freeman on crutches after the game last night.
    • I think there's room to keep both.   Shed some bad bullpen arms like Baker and Bowman.   Either Rivera or Gregory Soto can go.   So even if you add McDermott you can keep both Slater and Kjerstad.
    • Good information.  I would agree for sure if it was a one game series.  Assuming the series goes 3 games, would you keep Slater over Kjerstad?     I guess if we are prioritizing RH bats, then I’d drop Holliday.  
    • Look at who you replying to, it's his thing.   Means nothing, adds absolutely nothing to the discussion.   Put him on your ignore list.   2-1 so far They made the playoffs They won that night and clinched a playoff spot
    • Understood. My comment was 100% above vibes. They went 2-4 over their last six and lost 3 of 4 to Seattle to drop out of the division and into the wildcard spot. It wasn't a months long limp like the Orioles, but that--at least in my book--counts as limping in. They had no apparent "momentum" going in, but still turned it around. That was the point. 
  • Popular Contributors