@ INDIANS, 9/09

scOtt

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, scOtt said:

I kind of agree. The ML club takes precedence and all, Gentry out and all, but like Buck was taught by Gene Michaels,  in the minors you develop and you LEARN HOW TO WIN.

Here you go:

http://www.news.com.au/technology/science/archaeology/famous-viking-warrior-burial-revealed-to-be-that-of-a-woman/news-story/7c1a4c0053f4cc167676af1bcffa5e37

1 minute ago, Norfolk orioles said:

Buck and Dan are not going to get us to the promised land.

They went all in yet again and got nothing in return.

We cannot afford any more of this, its time to make sweeping changes.

Definitely did not provide the O's with a vehicle for deep into post-season success. With the big contracts of alleged power bats and the pitching we ended up wth, it was like an expensive up muscle car with 3 good cylinders and two flat tires and two bald ones. 

2 minutes ago, Norfolk orioles said:

Buck and Dan are not going to get us to the promised land.

They went all in yet again and got nothing in return.

We cannot afford any more of this, its time to make sweeping changes.

Absolutely.  Time to bring in the GM and manager up for the rebuild.  Dan and Buck are not that and pushing through yet another season just like this one or worse will only make the recovery phase even longer. 

I probabaly wouldn't have sold either. Did you see the return the Rangers got for Darvish a TOR guy? My god.

Davrvish is way more valuable than Britton at his best. And for Darvish they got Calhoun and a bunch of A ballers. Now since Britton has done very little for us, and the Rangers are still in it without Darvish, I can see why some would say we should have dumped Britton  for whatever we could get.

But I disagree. We've had a good 5 year run. We've got everyone back for next year. Pitching can't be worse. Try to get in the playoffs next year. If we are borderline on JUly 31st next year, then you sell them all - Manny, Britton, Brach, etc. By not selling this year, we give ourselves a WS shot next year - our last with Manny.

1 minute ago, tntoriole said:

Absolutely.  Time to bring in the GM and manager up for the rebuild.  Dan and Buck are not that and pushing through yet another season just like this one or worse will only make the recovery phase even longer. 

And what makes you think who they bring in to take over will be better? They aren't rebuilding.   

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Is Peter selling the team? 

Possibly, but it's irrelevant. He's 88 years old and running out of chances to ride in the limo at a victory parade. He'll do anything he can to improve the 2017-18 team that doesn't make him look a complete idiot, and some things that do make him look like a complete idiot. 

2 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

Definitely did not provide the O's with a vehicle for deep into post-season success. With the big contracts of alleged power bats and the pitching we ended up wth, it was like an expensive up muscle car with 3 good cylinders and two flat tires and two bald ones. 

You HAVE to have the BIG starters to get deep into.... PA won't pay for that. And we can't develop enough.

Archived