Rios CF

Rolen 3B

Stairs DH

Overbay 1B

Barajas C

Wilkerson RF

Eckstein SS

Come on, what a big win this could be.

Hoping jones has another good day, I would like to see him bat second more. He should get better pitches to hit with markakis behind him.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why have Jones bunting? Stupid. We gave up an out for nothing, Roberts would have scored from 2nd on that single. (And for the record I was opposed to the bunt before Markakis singled, just hadn't gotten over here to post. Even if Nick had hit a sac fly I still wouldn't be crazy about it. Burnett has struggled in the first inning, he has a 7.64 ERA at home. Why give him a free out?)

Why have Jones bunting? Stupid. We gave up an out for nothing, Roberts would have scored from 2nd on that single. (And for the record I was opposed to the bunt before Markakis singled, just hadn't gotten over here to post. Even if Nick had hit a sac fly I still wouldn't be crazy about it. Burnett has struggled in the first inning, he has a 7.64 ERA at home. Why give him a free out?)

This season we have had problems scoring runs with Guthrie on the mound and during day games. DT may have just wanted to get Guthrie to pitch with lead. Having Roberts on 3rd lets Nick be able to hit a grounder to the right side or a fly ball to score Roberts that otherwise would have just moved him from 2nd to 3rd.

We wanna get any early runs we can for Guthrie

Getting multiple runs would be better than just getting one. Bunting improved our chances of getting one but significantly decreased our chances of getting multiple runs.

Think about it, after the Millar strikeout, the announcer said "It was a promising inning but now the O's need a 2 out hit". Burnett had just gotten one batter out, but because we GAVE him a 2nd out we had gone from promising inning to 1 run.

We played for one run, and we got one run. We took the bat out of the hands of one of our hottest hitters' hands, and a guy that I think could do well vs a fastball pitcher like Burnett.

Getting multiple runs would be better than just getting one. Bunting improved our chances of getting one but significantly decreased our chances of getting multiple runs.

Think about it, after the Millar strikeout, the announcer said "It was a promising inning but now the O's need a 2 out hit". Burnett had just gotten one batter out, but because we GAVE him a 2nd out we had gone from promising inning to 1 run.

We played for one run, and we got one run. We took the bat out of the hands of one of our hottest hitters' hands, and a guy that I think could do well vs a fastball pitcher like Burnett.

I agree with what you're saying but I think when it comes to a situation like Guthrie where the team struggles to get 1 or 2 runs for him when he starts that you have to take what you can get when you can get it.

Archived