Jump to content

Dan Connolly: Orioles Must Be Willing To Make A Trade


PressBoxOnline

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, phillyOs119 said:

Oh, I agree, I see the chances of that happening are all but zero.

It's a good idea though.  Progressive.  21st century.  Utterly doomed.  Dead on arrival at the Baltimore city limits....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, phillyOs119 said:

 

Since the Orioles don't seem to like to negoiate extensions, but rather wait for their players to hit free agency before trying to resign them, why not trade Manny and then try and resign him.  He'll come back if the money is right.

They successfully signed Bordick as a free agent after trading him in late July, 2000.

It may be improbable that they could do that with Manny. But it's not that they have never re-signed a player they just traded.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Beef Supreme said:

They successfully signed Bordick as a free agent after trading him in late July, 2000.

It may be improbable that they could do that with Manny. But it's not that they have never re-signed a player they just traded.

How many teams did the O's have to compete with for Bordick? And at what cost?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, El Gordo said:

I would think a SP upgrade would be their #1 priority.

 

Well, they had the second best starter ERA in the AL, and they already got a pretty nice upgrade when they traded for Sonny Gray.   But they certainly could look for a further upgrade, if that fits with their desire to stay under the cap.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Well, they had the second best starter ERA in the AL, and they already got a pretty nice upgrade when they traded for Sonny Gray.   But they certainly could look for a further upgrade, if that fits with their desire to stay under the cap.

What else do they need to spend on? They can upgrade from CC without spending the 25 M they spent on him last year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, El Gordo said:

He's a FA why would they resign him? 

CC has pitched 15.2 IP with a 2.30 ERA, 19 SO and a 1.15 WHIP in the post season..    I would think the Yankees would value that kind of performance in the playoffs.  

Because he will be a free agent they can negotiate any contract they want with him.   They don't have to pay him 25m next year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, wildcard said:

CC has pitched 15.2 IP with a 2.30 ERA, 19 SO and a 1.15 WHIP in the post season..    I would think the Yankees would value that kind of performance in the playoffs.  

Because he will be a free agent they can negotiate any contract they want with him.   They don't have to pay him 25m next year.

He had 14 QS last season. I can get someone with 18 QS for a lot less than  25 M.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, El Gordo said:

He had 14 QS last season. I can get someone with 18 QS for a lot less than  25 M.

Why are we bothering to discuss $25 mm?   He might get that for two seasons, but not for one.    

14 QS ties him for 51st in MLB.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Why are we bothering to discuss $25 mm?   He might get that for two seasons, but not for one.    

14 QS ties him for 51st in MLB.

Because the Yankees can cut salary and still upgrade over CC. say they sign Cobb or Cashner for 15  M they are upgrading while saving 10 M

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...