Brian Roberts trade rumors back on!

ed101elove

ESPN has reported the following today:

http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/features/rumors?univLogin02=stateChanged

"The Milwaukee Brewers recently sent two scouts to watch Baltimore Orioles second baseman Brian Roberts, and they are reportedly interested in offering Rickie Weeks in a deal for Roberts.

It remains uncertain if the Orioles are willing to offer Roberts for Weeks straight-up, however it is clear that they will not get as nice a package for their veteran second baseman as the one proposed by the Chicago Cubs in Spring Training according to Ken Rosenthal's latest column."

Sounds like a crap deal to me.

Oh boy. Perhaps you could have looked here before starting a new thread...

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64889

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh boy. Perhaps you could have looked here before starting a new thread...

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64889

Actually, i think this is new info...The other article didn't say the Brewers are scouting BRob and this is hinting Weeks as part of the package for BRob.

Still could have been put in the other thread I suppose but still, this is new info I believe.

SHows how great the "search" function works here: did a search on Ricky Weeks and the only threads that popped up were from last month.
Spell his name right next time and you'll get better results :)

Actually, i think this is new info...The other article didn't say the Brewers are scouting BRob and this is hinting Weeks as part of the package for BRob.

Still could have been put in the other thread I suppose but still, this is new info I believe.

The fact that they were scouting him was indeed reported. Not sure which article I saw it in, but it's not new.

Oops...my bad SG. We've been discussing the Weeks--->Roberts thing all morning, I assumed Weeks name was in the original Rosenthal report. Sorry OP. :eektf:

Weeks is younger and plays 2B. Roberts is superior at the plate plus is a far more proven commodity.

Add in that Weeks is already working on his 5th year of service time and I gotta have more from Milwaukee.

The fact that they were scouting him was indeed reported. Not sure which article I saw it in, but it's not new.

Oh ok...The Rosenthal article seemed to be something he was throwing out there...Now it seems as if the Brewers actually are interested in Roberts...Not just some idea being thrown out anymore.

Add in that Weeks is already working on his 5th year of service time and I gotta have more from Milwaukee.
Not sure where you are getting that. Weeks had 2 years and 131 days of service coming into this season.

He won't be a free agent until after the 2011 season.

I like these different deals that you guys are coming up with, but why are they all centered around Weeks???

He's 26 and batting .210 with 7 hr. Didn't the potential dry up after age 24??? If he ends up living up to that potential, he'll be 30 with declining defense. I'd take him in a deal, but not as the center piece of it.

Gamel and Laporta are studs, and and Escobar is going to one as well. If a deal starts getting to a real possibility... I DO NOT want Bill Hall in it. The Brewers will try to include him I bet, maybe even Hardy. Gamel and Escobar are the first two players I want in a deal. LaPorta will not be traded.

He'll be a FA after the '10 season I believe. ESPN lists him as currently having 4 years of service time.
ESPN doesn't list service time, they list experience. He's played in parts of 4 seasons. But, he only had 2.131 years of service time coming into this season (so he's probably a bit over 3 now, but still won't be over 6 until after 2011).

Archived