Jump to content

Trade Proposals Twins


Roll Tide

Recommended Posts

From the Twins Puckerts Pond website

 

Trade Proposal 1: Kohl Stewart or Felix Jorge for Richard Bleier

Trade Proposal 2: Fernando Romero, Felix Jorge, Travis Blankenhorn for Zach Britton

 

the writer also ponders Trumbo for Phil Hughes as they would like a DH with some pop. Hughes has obviously missed 1/2 of each of the last two seasons 60ish inning each season. Is he finally healthy? He's controlled for 13 million per over two season. He was pretty good 2 seasons ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Roll Tide said:

From the Twins Puckerts Pond website

 

Trade Proposal 1: Kohl Stewart or Felix Jorge for Richard Bleier

Trade Proposal 2: Fernando Romero, Felix Jorge, Travis Blankenhorn for Zach Britton

 

the writer also ponders Trumbo for Phil Hughes as they would like a DH with some pop. Hughes has obviously missed 1/2 of each of the last two seasons 60ish inning each season. Is he finally healthy? He's controlled for 13 million per over two season. He was pretty good 2 seasons ago.

DH with some pop? What about that guy they occasionally masquerade as a fielder, Sono?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, Tryptamine said:

Definitely not available for one year of Britton.

I didn't mean to say they would trade him for Britton. Why would the Twins want Trumbo when they have Sano? Sano is destined to be a DH, if he isn't one next year.

 

11 minutes ago, weams said:

This is a fan site concocting thee trade. Right?

Yeah, I get it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tryptamine said:

I really doubt the Twins are thinking short term enough to even consider Britton. Maybe at the deadline, but not before then. They're still a year away with a lot of their pitching talent on the verge of call up(Romero,Gonsalves, etc)

Lately the Twins have been calling other teams to ask about their bullpen peices and gauge asking prices. Never know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tryptamine said:

I really doubt the Twins are thinking short term enough to even consider Britton. Maybe at the deadline, but not before then. They're still a year away with a lot of their pitching talent on the verge of call up(Romero,Gonsalves, etc)

These are two of the guys that would be trade chips

 

@Weams ...similar to the Hangout I quess

 

https://puckettspond.com/2017/11/11/minnesota-twins-2017-2018-offseason-trade-partner-review-baltimore-orioles/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, MDtransplant757 said:

What about Trumbo for Ian Kennedy plus cash to offset the deal? 

I would rather cut Trumbo loose than fill a spot in the rotation with someone who hasn't been a good pitcher for several years. Put together a deal that includes Trumbo for Samardzija and then you're talking.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

I would rather cut Trumbo loose than fill a spot in the rotation with someone who hasn't been a good pitcher for several years. Put together a deal that includes Trumbo for Samardzija and then you're talking.

Samardzija has positive value, you'd have to give up real prospects and pay the vast majority of the contract.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

I would rather cut Trumbo loose than fill a spot in the rotation with someone who hasn't been a good pitcher for several years. Put together a deal that includes Trumbo for Samardzija and then you're talking.

 

9 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

Samardzija has positive value, you'd have to give up real prospects and pay the vast majority of the contract.

That's the main problem. That and if you look at the numbers, Ian Kennedy is essentially the poor man's Rick Porcello. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

Giants are looking for power. Trumbo has power. I'd be happy to pick up all the difference between their two contracts and include another piece. They also need bullpen help. I would be happy to give them Trumbo, O'Day and $5mm or so if that got it done.

Where does Trumbo fit in SF in the field, however? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...