16-17 International bonus pool info

pmost86

From ESPN... After the Konner Wade transaction, Baltimore has traded all but $500,000 of its 2016-17 international bonus pool, which originally was $5.75 million, and has spent $340,000 on four prospects: Venezuelan outfielder Ricardo Castro ($150,000), Dominican shortstop Hector Vizcaino ($80,000), Dominican outfielder Josue Cruz ($80,000) and Dominican third baseman Oscar Olivares ($30,000).

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/21516065/baltimore-orioles-get-minor-league-pitcher-konner-wade

7 minutes ago, pmost86 said:

From ESPN... After the Konner Wade transaction, Baltimore has traded all but $500,000 of its 2016-17 international bonus pool, which originally was $5.75 million, and has spent $340,000 on four prospects: Venezuelan outfielder Ricardo Castro ($150,000), Dominican shortstop Hector Vizcaino ($80,000), Dominican outfielder Josue Cruz ($80,000) and Dominican third baseman Oscar Olivares ($30,000).

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/21516065/baltimore-orioles-get-minor-league-pitcher-konner-wade

Olivares actually had a pretty solid debut statistically in the DSL (.264/.352/.445 which is 30% better than league average).  The other guys haven't played yet.

Mariners GM Dipoto has said publicly that he's looking hard for more international slots to make a run at Ohtani.

47 minutes ago, phillyOs119 said:

Olivares actually had a pretty solid debut statistically in the DSL (.264/.352/.445 which is 30% better than league average).  The other guys haven't played yet.

Mariners GM Dipoto has said publicly that he's looking hard for more international slots to make a run at Ohtani.

I don't think 160K is bringing much back.

13 hours ago, pmost86 said:

Great find.  I was just looking for something like this.  Here's a list from what I could find of the guys DD acquired for cash and for int'l bonus slots,

Cash Considerations 

• Ynoa
  • Bleier
  • Asher
  • Faulkner
  • Castro
  • Brugman

International slots

1. What was so special about these guys that we did sign, and how much approval did the scouts have to get?  

2.  Would we be better off if we didn't play the 40 man roster game of musical chairs, and would have just kept Walker and Bridwell?  

36 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Great find.  I was just looking for something like this.  Here's a list from what I could find of the guys DD acquired for cash and for int'l bonus slots,

Cash Considerations 

• Ynoa
  • Bleier
  • Asher
  • Faulkner
  • Castro
  • Brugman

International slots

1. What was so special about these guys that we did sign, and how much approval did the scouts have to get?  

2.  Would we be better off if we didn't play the 40 man roster game of musical chairs, and would have just kept Walker and Bridwell?  

Also traded slots for minor leaguers:

Yefry Rameriez, Alex Katz, Milton Ramos, Armando Araiza, Matt Worthorspoon, and Brallan Perez. I feel like I'm missing someone.

Archived