June 10: Birds at Fenway

Why Not?

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After living in LA for 9 years and starting out hating the Lakers- I have now gone full circle and am rooting for them in a big way. The calls should definitely at least even out being in LA. The NBA DOES want this game to go at least 6. No doubt about it the home team gets the majority of the close calls- although I will say- it seemed as though anytime a Celtic was touched on Sunday the whistle blow. It got laughable.

The NBA wants a tough series so they can reap this series for all it's worth. The Lakers definetly need to step of the defense though as early on the celtics will be riding their momentum and if they keep hitting 3s like they have been- it could get scary. Win the 1st two at home and the pressure goes right back on the Celtics!

Let's go Lakers! AND ORIOLES! Good to see Safarte in there still.

I hate to say this, but the officiating tonight will help make this 2 to 1. I look for Lakes to get to the line ALOT more tonight.

I hate to say this, but the officiating tonight will help make this 2 to 1. I look for Lakes to get to the line ALOT more tonight.

I can see the motivation for the league to want to make this a competitive series. However, with the Donaghy investigation still going strong I would find it incredibly insane if the league has their hands in this in anyway.

This is the newest from ESPN. Donaghy docs allege refs altered playoff games.

Well done Jamie... c'mon Bradford.

I agree- and to me- it's really taken the fun out of this series. Whether or not it is being manipulated- the perception (or at least my own belief) that it is- takes away the suspense.

Archived