Brian Matusz to be on Anita Marks today

Anita: Welcome to Baltimore, Brian. Ever been to Miami?

Brian: No, I went to college in San Diego though.

Anita: That's not Miami, Brian.

Brian: But it's close though. Same laid back feel... lots of Spanish influences.

Anita: I played football. You ever play football?

Brian: Not really. Baseball has always been my first-

Anita: I was a quarterback.

Brian: That's great.

Anita: How's it feel to be an Oriole?

Brian: It's a wonderful feeling. I really feel like this organization is turning things-

Anita: Como se llama?

Brian: Are you speaking Spanish?

Anita: They speak Spanish in Miami.

Brian: They speak it in San Diego a lot too.

Anita: But not like in Miami.

Brian: No, actually it's kind of the same. You just asked me what my name is in Spanish.

Anita: Are you trying to get fresh with me?

Brian: I am just here to talk baseball.

Anita: Time for a break. Thanks for calling in Brian. We'll be back in 45 mins.

Man...I would really like to hear what he has to say. Too bad I would rather listen to anything else on the radio then hear her give another annoying, no knowledge interview to someone. What do some of you guys see in her? She is the WORST Baltimore sports personality that I have EVER heard and she has got to be one of the ugliest women I have ever seen to think they are that hot (hope I worded that right). She doesn't get the interviews either. The station gets them. She doesn't even know most of the guests that I heard her interview when I tried to listen to that garbage.

"Double Plays, Double Headers and the all new Maryland Double Bubble scratch off!" SHOOT ME PLEASE!! :puke:

There it was!!!!

She called him the 4th Round pick overall right at the end of the interview.

Classic.

Watched the interview, didn't catch that. Bad mistake. However, this was a really good interview. Good, solid questions, and Brian seems like a good, and well educated young man. He's really excited to come play on the east coast, and play in the best division in baseball. Also, it's interesting he compares himself to Cole Hamels...:).

Watched the interview, didn't catch that. Bad mistake. However, this was a really good interview. Good, solid questions, and Brian seems like a good, and well educated young man. He's really excited to come play on the east coast, and play in the best division in baseball. Also, it's interesting he compares himself to Cole Hamels...:).

I remember someone on the board making that same comparison right before the draft. Wish I could remember who it was so I could give them credit.

Agreed.

Most of that IMO was attributable to Roch.

Is there anywhere to find a transcript of the interview? I'd like to have heard what was said during it

There really wasn't much to it that you haven't heard before.

Just that Matusz didn't know he was picked by the O's before he saw it on TV, he doesn't think pitching in the cold will be an issue, and that he pitches off of his changeup and curveball. Fastball low to mid 90's.

Archived