Lancaster Barnstormers

MChance

I love the indy leagues! It's always exciting to see a familiar name on the roster. I went to a Lancaster Barnstormer's game the other day when they played the Southern Maryland Blue Crabs. The manager of the Barnstormers? Von Hayes. Who hit a home run for the Barnstormers? Matt LeCroy. Who's the hitting coach for the Barnstormers? Boots Day. Who is still playing baseball, at age 40, for the SoMd Blue Crabs? Curtis Pride.

True they were not the biggest names of their day, but they are former major leaguers never the less. And they still have a love for the game and don't mind traveling to obscure towns like Camden NJ, Lancaster PA, and York PA. I bought a tee shirt while I was there that had on the back the logo of all the Atlantic League teams. It's pretty sweet. Girls will love it when I wear it to the night club ...

I love the indy leagues! It's always exciting to see a familiar name on the roster. I went to a Lancaster Barnstormer's game the other day when they played the Southern Maryland Blue Crabs. The manager of the Barnstormers? Von Hayes. Who hit a home run for the Barnstormers? Matt LeCroy. Who's the hitting coach for the Barnstormers? Boots Day. Who is still playing baseball, at age 40, for the SoMd Blue Crabs? Curtis Pride.

FYI, former "Voice of the Baysox" Dave Collins has done radio play-by-play the last several years for the Barnstormers.

True they were not the biggest names of their day, but they are former major leaguers never the less. And they still have a love for the game and don't mind traveling to obscure towns like Camden NJ, Lancaster PA, and York PA. I bought a tee shirt while I was there that had on the back the logo of all the Atlantic League teams. It's pretty sweet. Girls will love it when I wear it to the night club ...

The York Revolution will crush your puny Barnstormers!

Actually, that's a big fat lie. My Revs aren't doing much this year. Even the new Blue Crabs have a better record!

Our starting SS has 17 errors already!

Since the Barnstormers won the season series last year over York, the York mayor was supposed to plant red roses (Lancaster's flower) in front of York's stadium. I don't think that has happened yet.

This is a perfect time for a shameless plug of my Sovereign Bank Stadium pictures. Including some of the Brooks statue.

I've been to a few Camden RiverSharks games -- they're a blast. Of course, if you have to park more than 3 blocks from the stadium you might as well drive back across the river into Philly 'cause you'll be strolling through a war zone, but hey, them's the breaks....

Archived