Take a look at the Frederick box score so far...

Frobby

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, Erbe's peripherals have been outstanding so far this season. Nearly a K per inning and only 19 BBs in 71.2 IP. Well over a 3:1 K/BB ratio!!!

The only thing that's hurt him are the home runs. He's had extreme flyball tendencies and it's shown in his HR rate. He just needs to get the ball down a little and he'll be set. You've gotta like those numbers from a 20 year old in High-A.

Man, Erbe's peripherals have been outstanding so far this season. Nearly a K per inning and only 19 BBs in 71.2 IP. Well over a 3:1 K/BB ratio!!!

The only thing that's hurt him are the home runs. He's had extreme flyball tendencies and it's shown in his HR rate. He just needs to get the ball down a little and he'll be set. You've gotta like those numbers from a 20 year old in High-A.

Goodness...I had no idea his walks were so low.

I totally agree with your analysis of his flyballs tendencies.

He isn't going that deep into games but that could be because they are being so careful with him, which is a good thing.

I have to admit, i hadn't paid much attention to him and thought he was doing worse then he was because I just looked at his ERA in box scores...But his K rate, BB rate and command rate look great...He is allowing less than a hit per 9 IP, which is always a good stat.

He isn't going that deep into games but that could be because they are being so careful with him, which is a good thing.

I have to admit, i hadn't paid much attention to him and thought he was doing worse then he was because I just looked at his ERA in box scores...But his K rate, BB rate and command rate look great...He is allowing less than a hit per 9 IP, which is always a good stat.

You mean less than a hit per inning?

If he had less than a hit per 9 IP, he would be the #1 prospect in all of baseball. :mwahaha:

Here's an interesting comparison:

Erbe 2008: 4.65 ERA, 8.54 H/9, 8.54 K/9, 2.39 BB/9, 3.57 K/BB, 1.26 HR/9, 0.75 GO/AO

Hernandez 2007: 4.95 ERA, 8.61 H/9, 10.41 K/9, 2.91 BB/9, 3.58 K/BB, 0.99 HR/9, 0.66 GO/AO

Pretty similar numbers. Like Hernandez last year at Frederick, Erbe has games where he dominates and others where he is shelled. Hernandez was 22 last season; Erbe is 20 now. Considering the strides Hernandez has made at Bowie, you'd like to think Erbe can make similar progress next season. But let's get through this season first.

Here's an interesting comparison:

Erbe 2008: 4.65 ERA, 8.54 H/9, 8.54 K/9, 2.39 BB/9, 3.57 K/BB, 1.26 HR/9, 0.75 GO/AO

Hernandez 2007: 4.95 ERA, 8.61 H/9, 10.41 K/9, 2.91 BB/9, 3.58 K/BB, 0.99 HR/9, 0.66 GO/AO

Pretty similar numbers. Like Hernandez last year at Frederick, Erbe has games where he dominates and others where he is shelled. Hernandez was 22 last season; Erbe is 20 now. Considering the strides Hernandez has made at Bowie, you'd like to think Erbe can make similar progress next season. But let's get through this season first.

Same thing with Hernandez last year, so your comparsion are even more prevalent. Did I say that right???:confused:

• 2 months later...

Archived