June 12: Birds at Fenway

Oriolesfan1988

I agree and personally think the stars are useful for making a point. I never understood why people gave RShack such a hard time about that back in the day.

It's unconventional and technically not proper syntax. Other than that, I don't know why. Maybe he overused them.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jones was safe from both camera angles--but less safe from the one most similar to the ump's viewpoint.

Somebody's got to argue such calls! At least, DT argues them more than Mazzilli or Perlozzo did.

But, since they didn't try the DP, I can assume that they would have...;)

Does it seem to anyone else like every single time we try something on the basepaths...it backfires?

Lately yes- to the point where the umps realize our lack of success on the basepaths so much that we have to be so obviousy safe to get the call.

I also remember early on this year when our aggressiveness kept us out of a bunch of double plays and lead to quite a few manufactured runs. The dry spell will pass... EVENTUALLY. It is pretty disheartened right now though.

I say *Ramon* does stuff *wrong* on a semi-regular basis ;-)

Mora has brain-farts, but I don't think that was one of them.

Buck didn't like it, but IMO Buck has more brain-farts than anybody.

And, BTW, yes, AJ was safe at 2nd...

I actually also agree that it was the right play, but my remarks were basically saying that Mora is a dangerous player because he probably would have gone home even if it were a no brainer DP shot.

I agree and personally think the stars are useful for making a point. I never understood why people gave RShack such a hard time about that back in the day.
People don't like what RShack says, so they give him a hard time about anything they can. Probably because he presses *certain buttons*.:scratchchinhmm:

I say *Ramon* does stuff *wrong* on a semi-regular basis ;-)

Mora has brain-farts, but I don't think that was one of them.

Buck didn't like it, but IMO Buck has more brain-farts than anybody.

And, BTW, yes, AJ was safe at 2nd...

LOL, just teasing.

Speaking of Buck, what did you think of his half error point earlier? Kinda like how football players get half tackles.

Jones was safe from both camera angles--but less safe from the one most similar to the ump's viewpoint.

Somebody's got to argue such calls! At least, DT argues them more than Mazzilli or Perlozzo did.

Are you in the booth or something? How are you seeing all of those angles? (or did i miss the 3 replays when i turned to watch the us open during commercial break)

I hope this doesn't turn out to be another undeserved loss or no-decision for Guthrie. I love his poise on the mound and intelligence defending his position. Doesn't seem to get distracted.

LOL, just teasing.

Speaking of Buck, what did you think of his half error point earlier? Kinda like how football players get half tackles.

Baseball people aren't even smart enough to realize that 0.1 inning doesn't really mean 1/3 of an inning. They would get all kinds of confused if they had to start charging 0.5 errors to someone...does that mean 5/3? Does 0.1 mean 1/10 of an inning? Think of the logistics!

(I smell disaster.)

Archived