June 12: Birds at Fenway

Oriolesfan1988

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you in the booth or something? How are you seeing all of those angles? (or did i miss the 3 replays when i turned to watch the us open during commercial break)

They did replays--one from the front and one from the back of second base. The second one made it look very close.

Jones was safe from both camera angles--but less safe from the one most similar to the ump's viewpoint.

Somebody's got to argue such calls! At least, DT argues them more than Mazzilli or Perlozzo did.

The thing about arguing a call is that it hardly ever works. I mean like .01% of the time the ump may ask another umps opinion and maybe a call gets over turned. It just doesn't happen. And now with the league trying to speed up the game I would imagine the coaches/players have been advised that they'll have a short leash for arguments.

And there goes my train of thought. F'ing Lowell. Screw Boston.

Baseball people aren't even smart enough to realize that 0.1 inning doesn't really mean 1/3 of an inning. They would get all kinds of confused if they had to start charging 0.5 errors to someone...does that mean 5/3? Does 0.1 mean 1/10 of an inning? Think of the logistics!

(I smell disaster.)

I hate it when I'm right.

Archived