June 14th vs Pirates

McNulty

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even though it's not college basketball season, i'm finding myself having a special kind of hatred towards the opposing pitcher tonight.

After having a few beers I find myself screaming profanities every time I see "Duke" give up a hit. :wedge:

Even though it's not college basketball season, i'm finding myself having a special kind of hatred towards the opposing pitcher tonight.

After having a few beers I find myself screaming profanities every time I see "Duke" give up a hit. :wedge:

Why aren't you at the game having a few beers dude?

How isn't it relevant? They are giving the score to the team that's in first place in our division. If they don't have time to cycle through them all, I'm OK with just mentioning the top dog. And isn't "cycling through" what the bottom line thing is for?

I've heard Joe Angel explain many times how he prioritizes the scoreboard readings, and he starts with the top of our division, then the rest of our division, then the rest of the AL, then the top NL teams, then the rest of the NL. It makes sense to me, and if Joe Angel is going to do it that way, then I think we should give Thorne a pass here.

I have many criticisms of Thorne as a baseball announcer, but this would be way down on my list of complaints about him if you ask me. Just my two cents.

Point taken.

Archived