Tejada's Return

O'sBacker4Ever

He ruined the Orioles by himself with the steroid disaster. He wanted out of the town and asked to be traded. Why would i cheer for him? He's not an oriole anymore.
Best Orioles ever, I don't think so when the team was under .500 every year. Also ,give me one reason tho cheer for someone who asks to leave my favorite team just cause we were doing bad. I didn't stop cheering for them and pick a new team.
He is part of the reason because of steroids. He gave them out and ruined several good ball players. Also, I don't root for non-orioles, I am true to my team. He doesn't deserve a standing ovation for good stats the team was still bad. Maybe if we won a world series.

Dude: you are establishing a new gold standard for cluelessness. You may be the first Hangout member to achieve the coveted double red pip!

I really think Miggy deserves to be cheered. He was a good player here and enjoyed watching him play most of the time. Plus, he netted us Luke Scott, Dannis Sarfate, Matt Albers and if Patton ever heals, another quality left-hander.

Agreed. I was going to say we got two damned good years, two OK years and five pretty decent players out of Tejada...and I'm willing to stand and clap for that.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Won't be cheering or booing, just another player on another team as far as Im concerned. I do have a feeling the boo's will outweigh the cheers however. Hard to cheer for a guy who demanded to be traded out of town, regardless of circumstances surrounding the issue.

Not that it is right but he only started dogging it after he knew we were not going anywhere with that management team in place. His first 2years here were some of the hardest baseball played I have ever seen. He was a joy to watch.

I remember one game in his second year here. There was a infield grounder by someone at the bottom of our line-up and a close play at first. When they showed the camera view from left field you could see into the Orioles dugout. Tejada was the only one on the bench moving and not only moving' date=' he had jumped three feet off the ground from the bench with his arms stretched out in the safe signal. This was the Tejada I loved!![/quote']

Imagine the above bolded part as if were happeniing live on TV. At the time, this was the excitement that we were hoping from the Orioles.

It is not Tejada's fault that the upper mangement at the time wanted to put stopgaps and to continue to act like we did not need inner development. It is not Tejada's fault that if we did what we are doing now 4 years ago we would be contenders with hiim at shortstop. It is not his fault period.

He made mistakes, but as the bold part above depicts, he was the most excitable player we have seen here in a long time.

Trace21230, AndrewG52, don't come to the Astros series (actually, I cannot stop you) if you want to sit on your hands. Tejada will get a standing O and will deserve it.:wedge:

He gave us every double play in a big spot he had in him...good for you Miguel! Welcome back to Baltimore...oh and by the way, when we are beating you 12-1, make sure to to hit one of you trademark meaningless HR's to inflate your stats...there I said it.

Man I'm usually the nice one on this site too

He gave us every double play in a big spot he had in him...good for you Miguel! Welcome back to Baltimore...oh and by the way' date=' when we are beating you 12-1, make sure to to hit one of you trademark meaningless HR's to inflate your stats...there I said it.

Man I'm usually the nice one on this site too[/quote']

Geez, I am talking about when he came here and had heart. Everything after the early summer 2005 fallout is meaningless. We all knew where this organization was going.

Now all is well, it seems. So, lets give the man his due for giving it all (150 RBI's for crying out loud) when he could have signed anywhere else (Yankees)!!!!

That 2004 season Miggy gave us was something else. Talk about locked-in!

He was top 4 in the league in hits and top 7 in total bases in every season in Baltimore except 2007. As a former SS myself, I always enjoyed seeing that rocket arm, too! His enthusiasm was infectious for most of his tenure here.

Yeah I could take issue with his disgruntled final year here and his probable dalliance with steroids, but I can't totally blame a guy for being a bit cranky after putting up with four years of Angelos, Mazzilli, Flanagan, Beattie, Paul Freakin' Bako, etc..... He was an Oriole who absolutely wanted to win- every day. I'd give him a hand for that.

May I ask you guys to stand and cheer? My family is in Houston, love the Stros and will be watching the game. I'll be proud when their announcers say, "look at that. A standing ovation. Classy town, classy fans." (they hated losing Luke, by the way, Houston fans really liked him)

I hate to dash your hopes, but I suspect a lot of Orioles fans feel the same way I do.

I do wish the man success in Houston, but I'm thrilled he's no longer an Oriole. It just wasn't working.

I agree with you...A lot of fans are wrong about Miggy.

He gave us every double play in a big spot he had in him...good for you Miguel! Welcome back to Baltimore...oh and by the way' date=' when we are beating you 12-1, make sure to to hit one of you trademark meaningless HR's to inflate your stats...there I said it.

[/quote']

That's Alex Rodriquez; not Miggy. I've been very critical of Miggy, but I never got the feeling he padded his stats in meaningless situations.

1) ...after we failed to build a proper team around him as promised when we signed him...

2) So did your starting second baseman. Be sure to boo him too.

3) A practice that was commonplace for domincan players and more or less done for them by their trainers.

4) He was still adequate at SS and his bat played better there. We had no internal candidates to replace him at short that would have made the move an improvement.

In just four years here he put up numbers that are among all time Os greats. He played with passion and energy. I'll keep rooting for him.

1) Still complained openly and publically to the media, which I don't respect. They did fail to build a team around him but his complaining doesn't help. His ego was annoying and when you make more money then everybody on this board combined you should be happy to be on any MLB team.

2) Roberts did to steroids, and I wasn't happy about it, and I lost respect for him BUT he publicaly apoligized for it and came clean.

3). A liar is a liar

4) He was a horrible shortstop his last 2 years here and he didn't keep himself in shape for the position. His refusal to consider a position change is reflective of his ego, and that ego would not fit in with the atmosphere of this current club

I agree with you...A lot of fans are wrong about Miggy.

We're not talking about a fact here, we're talking about an opinion. My opinion is not "wrong." Your opinion is not "wrong."

Do you deny the facts I listed earlier in this thread? You can't because they are documentable facts. Because of those facts, many fans have a negative opinion of Tejada. Now, just because that opinion doesn't comport with YOUR opinion doesn't make it "wrong."

Archived