NEED one of the Big Three Pitchers Left

Bahama O's Fan

3 hours ago, Yardball85 said:

I disagree.  Maybe we have different definitions of blowing it up.  I would trade Manny, Britton, and probably Schoop so you can have a solid core for the years you have Hays, Mancini, Mullins, etc.

Also, I said I would either sign Cobb or blow it up. Not both.

Trading Manny would be  fine but your not getting much for Britton now. If he's healthy and back in form wait for the TD. Jones won't bring much and why not keep Schoop and extend him?

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Frobby said:

That is your opinion, and it’s based on basically nothing.   I’m not saying those guys want to play here — but you have no idea if they do or not.    It’s probably a moot point because the Orioles seem very reluctant to initiate discussions with either one of them.   When they sign elsewhere, I’ll put the blame squarely on the team, and not excuse it on the basis that the players didn’t want to be here.  

90% of the posts in this forum are based on opinion and speculation. The blame does lie squarely on the team though. For not locking him up (Machado) before he realized he could basically write his own check and play for whoever he wants to play for. And now they're in the same boat with Schoop. Although I personally think last year was his ceiling so I would be looking to sell him high, but the Orioles don't think that far ahead. 

1 minute ago, Yardball85 said:

I take this guy's opinion with as many grains of salt as possible... just throwing it out there.

8 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

Wright (see what I did there?).  Exactly.  He should be lucky to make the last spot in the pen, but the Orioles seem like they want to give him the number five spot. 

If we don’t sign Cobb, and he is healthy, I think it will be Castro. I think Castro could be really solid. 

Myve they are playing with Wright mentally to see how he will react to different roles...p

4 minutes ago, theobird said:

I can't wait for Cobb to sign with somebody, so the board can have its melt down and we can move on. Mike Wright will be the Orioles number 5 starter, no doubt in my mind.

I’ve thought about starting a “grade the offseason” thread, but figured I’d wait until Cobb is off the board.   

Archived