Bill Bavasi has some choice words for Bedard Check this out!!

DuffMan

If 80% effort is what Bedard has been giving he must have the talent of Walter Johnson and Sandy Koufax combined. For most of last year he was arguably the best pitcher in baseball.

Agree 100%.

This guy has the best stuff in baseball. I think we underestimated R. Hernandez value calling games.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agree 100%.

This guy has the best stuff in baseball. I think we underestimated R. Hernandez value calling games.

I don't. I'm happy to see Ramon come up to the plate in a key situation, and he used to be pretty snazzy about throwing out runners, but I don't think he understands very much about the other parts of being a C.

Saying EriK was good/better/whatever because of Ramon is IMO just wrong. I'd say he was good in spite or Ramon. I think EriK threw what-and-where he wanted to. I don't think Ramon had much of anything to do with it.

D. Hazewood

If 80% effort is what Bedard has been giving he must have the talent of Walter Johnson and Sandy Koufax combined. For most of last year he was arguably the best pitcher in baseball.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, Bedard was arguably one of the better pitchers in baseball, for 79.6% (129/162) of the season. Then his side hurt and he shut it down for the year.:) Bavasi lost his job because of poor talent evalution and Bedard was a small part of that. I don't think you really mean Bedard is in the same class as W. Johnson or Sandy Koufax. He is not even Mike Mussina. He might be Donovan Osborne. We got a nice package for Bedard. Good luck Erik.

D. Hazewood

Thanks for the reply. Yes, Bedard was arguably one of the better pitchers in baseball, for 79.6% (129/162) of the season. Then his side hurt and he shut it down for the year.:) Bavasi lost his job because of poor talent evalution and Bedard was a small part of that. I don't think you really mean Bedard is in the same class as W. Johnson or Sandy Koufax. He is not even Mike Mussina. He might be Donovan Osborne. We got a nice package for Bedard. Good luck Erik.

Wrong...Bedard wanted to pitch in Sept, the Orioles decided against it.

I don't. I'm happy to see Ramon come up to the plate in a key situation, and he used to be pretty snazzy about throwing out runners, but I don't think he understands very much about the other parts of being a C.

Saying EriK was good/better/whatever because of Ramon is IMO just wrong. I'd say he was good in spite or Ramon. I think EriK threw what-and-where he wanted to. I don't think Ramon had much of anything to do with it.

Pitchers like to get in a rhythm with a catcher. If the catcher does a great job he can get the most out of his Pitcher IMO.

Archived