Buck lays into Mountcastle during "reassignment to minor camp" and possible new position?

Legend_Of_Joey

42 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

Could they get away with him at 3rd if they have an above average shortstop? His bat looks like it'll play

Who would be the above average shortstop? This offense is not exactly in position to be carrying a Brendan Ryan type, particularly after the Machado era.

7 minutes ago, BobDylanBundy said:

Who would be the above average shortstop? This offense is not exactly in position to be carrying a Brendan Ryan type, particularly after the Machado era.

In the machado rumors Addison Russel and JP Crawford have been thrown around. Both above average 

8 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

In the machado rumors Addison Russel and JP Crawford have been thrown around. Both above average 

Russell would be a really good fit, it would be a big win if the O's could get him as a secondary player and I could see the Cubs agreeing to it. Seems like Crawford would be a disaster in Baltimore, offensively and defensively, at least in the short term.

7 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Cayden Grenier = Gold Glove

Please note the Brendan Ryan comment

I don’t get these cocky minor leaguers who act like they can try to disregard advise or wisdom from major league managers they need to impress. Just seems like a total lack of emotional intelligence if I put it nicely or utter stupidity if I say what I really think! Maybe it’s just a millennial thing where their parents always told them whatever they did was fine, but that doesn’t work well in professional sports where you are competing with other talented individuals who understand the value of listening to what proven experts tell you.  Makes me wonder before they draft these high round picks if they do any analysis of their emotional intelligence, attitude towards coaching and willingness to work hard and accept valuable constructive criticism. If they aren’t doing so, they are making a big mistake imo.

Just now, Old#5fan said:

I don’t get these cocky minor leaguers who act like they can try to disregard advise or wisdom from major league managers they need to impress. Just seems like a total lack of emotional intelligence if I put it nicely or utter stupidity if I say what I really think! Maybe it’s just a millennial thing where their parents always told them whatever they did was fine, but that doesn’t work well in professional sports where you are competing with other talented individuals who understand the value of listening to what proven experts tell you.  Makes me wonder before they draft these high round picks if they do any analysis of their emotional intelligence, attitude towards coaching and willingness to work hard and accept valuable constructive criticism. If they aren’t doing so, they are making a big mistake imo.

If you are referring to the original subject of the thread, maybe Mountcastle had just seen "Buck's guys" play. How could you take him seriously after spending time in camp with this cast of characters?

• Upvote 1