UMBC vs VA NCAA Tournery

murph

Anyone watching this?   UMBC just held VA to a season low half of 21 and has them tied.   I am sure VA will make adjustments coming out of the half, but still an incredible half of defensive basketball by our local small school, almost showing up the best defensive team in the country.  

12 minutes ago, Elbren said:

UMBC is officially the only 16 seed to beat a 1 seed in NCAA history.  That's crazy.

I also didn't realize they were now in the ACC ... and won the ACC by four games ... and won the ACC tournament. lol  Quite the year for them.

lol Nevermind, ignore this.  I read it wrong.  Article was talking about Virginia, not UMBC.  Tells you how much I pay attention to college basketball.

As a UMBC alumni and staff member, words can't begin to describe the euphoria that I, and I'm sure many others are feeling.  Just getting into the tournament in the fashion they did on a last second 3 in the conference title game was enough.  Just having a lead at any point on UVA was enough, then having the game tied at the half.  But, never could I have seen the events of Friday night happening.  Never could I have imagined that the first team to do the borderline unthinkable of beating a #1 seed as a #16 seed would be my school.  But, it's something that I'll gladly cherish forever.

Archived