Zambrano hurt?

ChaosLex

Methinks a little better effort to disguise your glee is in order here.

You hate the Cubs, we get it.

I absolutely despise the Cubs. I think they have one of the most obnoxious fan bases on the planet.

That being said, I hope Zambrano is okay.

I absolutely despise the Cubs. I think they have one of the most obnoxious fan bases on the planet.

Methinks a little better effort to disguise your glee is in order here.

You hate the Cubs, we get it.

You didn't do a very good job of hiding it...

A Cards fan's reaction:

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-080618-chicago-cubs-tampa-bay-devil-rays,1,7425053.story
Zambrano said the problem probably was related to the neck soreness he experienced in a May 17 start against Pittsburgh, though he denied afterward his shoulder was sore and said he felt no discomfort until Wednesday.

"We'll see what happens [Thursday]," Zambrano said of a scheduled MRI on his shoulder. "Hopefully it's nothing bad. I feel good … just tendinitis, hopefully, and they'll put me on some medicine."

Zambrano, who allowed four third-inning runs while falling to 8-3, elieves he will make his next scheduled start Tuesday night against Baltimore, though the Cubs are likely to be more cautious. The problem occurred while facing Eric Hinske in the seventh.

"There was a funny pitch that I felt something in my arm, and then the last pitch I threw in the game to Hinske, I dropped my arm a lot because I couldn't go back to the top of my arm," Zambrano said.

Catcher Geovany Soto noticed Zambrano wincing. Within moments Piniella and trainer Mark O'Neal were summoned to the mound, and Piniella brought in reliever Neal Cotts.

"I wanted to finish the hitter," Zambrano said. "Obviously, Lou told me that's enough, and I have to respect that."

Zambrano left his May 17 start against Pittsburgh after four innings and later complained of neck soreness from sleeping the wrong way. Both Zambrano and the Cubs repeatedly denied a published report he had shoulder pain, and he pitched seven strong innings in his next start to quell doubts.

But one start later, on May 28, Zambrano threw 130 pitches over eight innings against the Dodgers at Wrigley Field. Zambrano said that outing was not related to his current shoulder problem, but he has been inconsistent since then with a 5.68 ERA over his last four starts, including Wednesday, when he allowed four earned runs over 62/3 innings.

Same old Cubs. Pitch 'em until they run into the ground.

Maybe Zambrano will be able to follow in Kerry Wood's footsteps as the next Cubs closer?

In a wierd sort of way I am glad you feel that way. After the disappointment of the late 60's followed by the mediocrity that was the 70's, they somehow managed to turn this team into one that did not draw 1.5 million per year, but 3 million.

Part of it was Harry, part of it was cable magic, part of it was the friendly confines and another part of it was that starting in 1984 we have had some competitive baseball teams in spurts. The disappointment that was losing the pennant to the Pad's in 84. The Surprise that was 1989, the "juice period" The fun that was 98. The bitter disappointment that 2003 was has brought some bandwaggoners to what was a very loyal and knowledgeable fan base. You run into some fans that are obnoxious....heck they make my blood boil sometimes too.

But like it or not, despite all the barbs about 100 years we have a pretty competitive team and one that is leveraging its resources hopefully to maintain a competitive team. So I have to be happy that those resources have freed up the Cubs to finally invest in their team and not just use it to sell chewing gum.

Gotta take the good with the bad.

I know you guys saw some "interesting debates" here during the Roberts discussions. You guys are having a very fun season and except for your visit soon to Wrigley I wish you continued success.

But that thing about hating the Cubs........well there goes my offer of the luxury box for next week.:rolleyes:

In a wierd sort of way I am glad you feel that way. After the disappointment of the late 60's followed by the mediocrity that was the 70's, they somehow managed to turn this team into one that did not draw 1.5 million per year, but 3 million.

Part of it was Harry, part of it was cable magic, part of it was the friendly confines and another part of it was that starting in 1984 we have had some competitive baseball teams in spurts. The disappointment that was losing the pennant to the Pad's in 84. The Surprise that was 1989, the "juice period" The fun that was 98. The bitter disappointment that 2003 was has brought some bandwaggoners to what was a very loyal and knowledgeable fan base. You run into some fans that are obnoxious....heck they make my blood boil sometimes too.

But like it or not, despite all the barbs about 100 years we have a pretty competitive team and one that is leveraging its resources hopefully to maintain a competitive team. So I have to be happy that those resources have freed up the Cubs to finally invest in their team and not just use it to sell chewing gum.

Gotta take the good with the bad.

I know you guys saw some "interesting debates" here during the Roberts discussions. You guys are having a very fun season and except for your visit soon to Wrigley I wish you continued success.

But that thing about hating the Cubs........well there goes my offer of the luxury box for next week.:rolleyes:

My apologies if I offended you. I remember chatting with you once or twice during the winter months, and you seemed like a pretty cool cat.

Anyway, once again, I apologize for lumping the decent Cubbies (like yourself) in with some of the others...

My apologies if I offended you. I remember chatting with you once or twice during the winter months, and you seemed like a pretty cool cat.

Anyway, once again, I apologize for lumping the decent Cubbies (like yourself) in with some of the others...

You did not offend me in the least. I enjoy the most of the back and forth and there are some Cubbie bandwaggoners that would drive most fans to drink.....

Archived