Sisco is playing himself off the 25-man in today's game (Gamethreadish)

interloper

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, weams said:

Do we like Givens?

Of course we do.

But my view on Givens, great setup guy in the pen, might make a good closer, but gets rattle a touch too much for me, yet.

He is still young as a pitcher, and what I mean, the number of innings, coming in as a drafted SS and then moving to pitcher.

I know, not everybody agrees with me, but not every pitcher has the mental fortitude to close big league games.

4 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Jealous too, you get face time with these guys. [pout]

My wife was struck bat a batted ball when Chris pitched as a kid. He always was nice to her so I got to see him occasionally. The only interview I ever did with Chris was in the Frederick Clubhouse when he did a game there over All-Star break. Tony is the guy who gets to talk to the players all the time. I'm lucky to get a nod. 

Wieters and Chris came up together as touted. stars. We did have Quiznos with Chris and Nolan back in Ft Lauderdale I think. 

Just now, Redskins Rick said:

Of course we do.

But my view on Givens, great setup guy in the pen, might make a good closer, but gets rattle a touch too much for me, yet.

He is still young as a pitcher, and what I mean, the number of innings, coming in as a drafted SS and then moving to pitcher.

I know, not everybody agrees with me, but not every pitcher has the mental fortitude to close big league games.

Got some examples of him getting rattled?  I remember him coming up big in some tight spots, to include the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, weams said:

My wife was struck bat a batted ball when Chris pitched as a kid. He always was nice to her so I got to see him occasionally. The only interview I ever did with Chris was in the Frederick Clubhouse when he did a game there over All-Star break. Tony is the guy who gets to talk to the players all the time. I'm lucky to get a nod. 

Wieters and Chris came up together as touted. stars. We did have Quiznos with Chris and Nolan back in Ft Lauderdale I think. 

Even then, thats more than most of us get! :)

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Got some examples of him getting rattled?  I remember him coming up big in some tight spots, to include the playoffs.

He has come up big,  but he has laid some eggs to.

I am a fan, not sure if he ready for a closer spot. Sorry, just my guy and opinion.

Archived