Albert Belle arrested (again)

scOtt

16 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Right, an incident.

https://nypost.com/2016/02/08/delmon-young-redirects-drunk-hate-from-jews-to-cubans/

Just the one.

He learned his lesson. 

Stand up guy.

Oh so he forked up, and messed up again.

Did that happen here?

So one guy messes up and nobody else is allowed a 2nd chance.

You skirted the question.

Look in the mirror, have you ever in your entire life not said something you should not have said?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I always ate before I drank so I never got hangry.

The wrongest thing I can remember saying when I was drunk was when I stated confidently my larger body mass would enable me to outdrink a more experienced drinker.

I don't recall ever committing battery or a hate crime.

Ok, fair, enough, no battery good for you.

I do know, that I am not racist, but in my youth, when hanging around other kids, it was not uncommon to drop the n-bomb even with other youth of that skin. Not something I am proud of, but sometimes we do things are not proud of.

48 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I do know, that I am not racist, but in my youth, when hanging around other kids, it was not uncommon to drop the n-bomb even with other youth of that skin. Not something I am proud of, but sometimes we do things are not proud of.

Using the N word isn't equivalent to what Young did on multiple occasions.

52 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Oh so he forked up, and messed up again.

Did that happen here?

So one guy messes up and nobody else is allowed a 2nd chance.

You skirted the question.

Look in the mirror, have you ever in your entire life not said something you should not have said?

I've never said anything that could be described as a hate crime.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I've never said anything that could be described as a hate crime.

N bombs these days are considered hate crimes.

Not to mention, back in my high school days, homophobia was rampant, and things we said then, wouldnt be said these days.

I get it Young is an ass.

But, even asses get a 2nd shot at redemption.

I don't have a problem with the Os giving him a 2nd shot, and I hope and pretty sure, that if he had misstep while here, he would have been quickly shown the door.

1 minute ago, Redskins Rick said:

N bombs these days are considered hate crimes.

Calling someone a name, even the N bomb, is not a crime, though it may be hateful.    And certainly it doesn’t compare to the things both Belle and Young have done.

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

I’d never heard about the rumored relationship between Clemens and Mindy McCready that is alluded to in your post.    Yes, we can all agree that grown men shouldn’t be dating 15-year olds.    Your post sort of implies that this relationship led to McCready’s suicide, but that doesn’t seem fair. McCready was 38 years old and had numerous relationships and personal issues between the time of her alleged relationship with Clemens and the time of her death.

I just cited the facts. I never suggested that she killed herself because of Roger Clemens.

I can't compare a drunk take a piss and wagging his junk when caught to a serial statutory rapist's crimes. Victims of childhood abuse typically carry lifelong emotional scars. I don't understand your insistence on using the word "alleged" except to attempt to cast doubt on 28 year old Clemens' crimes against the 15 year old girl ever occurring. Regardless of how direct of a correlation an individual may deem there to be, an impartial party may view Clemens' actions to have been contributory.

Not to be an apologist for Belle, but throwing a baseball at a fan falls far short of Ty Cobb running into the stands to pummel a handicapped fan, even as other fans implored him to stop beating the defenseless man who had just lost all of one hand and part of another.

(The fan had) recently lost a hand and several fingers on his other hand in an industrial accident. That was fine by Cobb – it just made the beat down that much easier. Fans screamed to Cobb how could he hit a man without hands. Cobb retorted he didn’t care if the man had no feet – he was going to pay.

And then there is Vernon Maxwell. And Ron Artest. And so on. And guys like Clemens...

No apology for the surly Belle. Just a little perspective.

34 minutes ago, Beef Supreme said:

Not to be an apologist for Belle, but throwing a baseball at a fan falls far short of Ty Cobb running into the stands to pummel a handicapped fan, even as other fans implored him to stop beating the defenseless man who had just lost all of one hand and part of another.

And then there is Vernon Maxwell. And Ron Artest. And so on. And guys like Clemens...

No apology for the surly Belle. Just a little perspective.

Does felony stalking, threatening to kill his wife, etc., move Belle into the really bad category? He didn't just throw a baseball at a fan. That's not even remotely close to his low point(s). 

p.s. edited to remove spousal abuse: I don't think he was charged with this.

3 hours ago, Beef Supreme said:

I just cited the facts. I never suggested that she killed herself because of Roger Clemens.

I can't compare a drunk take a piss and wagging his junk when caught to a serial statutory rapist's crimes. Victims of childhood abuse typically carry lifelong emotional scars. I don't understand your insistence on using the word "alleged" except to attempt to cast doubt on 28 year old Clemens' crimes against the 15 year old girl ever occurring. Regardless of how direct of a correlation an individual may deem there to be, an impartial party may view Clemens' actions to have been contributory.

3 hours ago, Beef Supreme said:

The word "rumored" is inappropriate to use when one party attests to the veracity of the claim. "Rumored" is only acceptable when neither party acknowledges the claim. Seems you are intent on suggesting that she was lying.

I’m not here to be an apologist for Clemens, who I dislike very much, or to minimize the issues with sleeping with a 15-year old girl.    I’d never heard about this until yesterday, but from the 2-3 articles I looked at, Clemens denied their relationship was of a sexual nature, whereas McCready seemed to acknowledge it but didn’t get into specifics of when it began and ended.    So, under those circumstances, I think the use of “rumored” and “alleged” is appropriate.  I’m not trying to cast doubt on a dead woman, who didn’t seem to say a whole lot about it.

On 3/26/2018 at 5:14 PM, Roy Firestone said:

Ive been in broadcasting for 40 years. I've been privileged to have met some outstanding human beings. Unfortunately, I also came upon some really bad people too. Albert Belle is on the top of my list. I don't wish to "kick a man" when he is down, but this is a guy who once tried to run kids over in his car on Halloween because they dared prank him. This is the same guy who threw a ball at a fan in the stands in a hostile, not friendly way.

Im sorry Belle has an issue with substances and apparently some sort of other issues. I don't mock that. I do want people to know that I tried many times to have him on my show and get "his side" of all the bad behavior.

Lets just say he wasn't interested.

In fact I flew some 3,000 miles to interview him several years ago and the Indians encouraged him to do the interview..and he stiffed me.

When Sandy Alomar tried to defend me...Belle wanted to fight Sandy.

It was another ugly incident.

He also wouldn't even shake my hand when I was introduced to him when he came to the Orioles.

He was a very angry, threatening person as a player.

He made millions of dollars playing a game. Fans loved him.

He gave little back in return.

Again, I wish for him only to find some light in his life and somehow find his way back into good graces...but he's my least favorite person I've ever met in sports...and its not even close.He owes me NOTHING..but he owes the game and the sport and  the public EVERYTHING. When you are sick though...its hard to see that.

This is a damned shame.

Yes it is. The man has issues. I liked him as an Oriole Player. But he has thrown away his life.

6 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

We all have as young people said things or done things we are ashamed of. 

On 3/26/2018 at 7:47 PM, Dark Helmet said:

He had all the talent in the world, but that will be overshadowed by him being a bad guy.

He deserves every bit of criticism he gets as a human being.

Maybe so but I believe the man is sick. Drugs or alcohol? I don't know but he does have terrible issues.  Wish someone could help him turn his life around. I hate for any human being to live life in a wasted way. 

24 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

Maybe so but I believe the man is sick. Drugs or alcohol? I don't know but he does have terrible issues.  Wish someone could help him turn his life around. I hate for any human being to live life in a wasted way. 

Maybe he does have a sickness. But sometimes there is no other reason than they are just a bad person. 

Archived