Jump to content

2018 Atlanta Braves


OFFNY

Recommended Posts

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

o

 

(SEPTEMBER 12th)

 

The combination of the Braves' 5-game winning streak and the Phillies' 4-game losing streak has all but salted away the NL East division for the Georgians.

Their lead over the southeastern Pennsylvanians is now a full 7 games (6 in the L column, and 8 in the W column) with 16 left to play.

 

o

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, weams said:

 

He got several swing and miss strike 3's with that pitch last night. 

Weird move by Philly's manager in the game.  He pulled his starter in the 4th in order to have a pinch-hitter to lead off the inning.  Starting off the biggest series of the season with forcing your pen to go 6 made no sense to me.  It hurts them in that game and likely tires out the pen for the rest of the series.  And at the time, their starting pitcher had thrown 57 pitches - 11 fewer than Gausman - in a 3-3 tie at the time.  Gausman settled down and went 6 and a third.       

  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ruzious said:

Weird move by Philly's manager in the game.  He pulled his starter in the 4th in order to have a pinch-hitter to lead off the inning.  Starting off the biggest series of the season with forcing your pen to go 6 made no sense to me.  It hurts them in that game and likely tires out the pen for the rest of the series.  And at the time, their starting pitcher had thrown 57 pitches - 11 fewer than Gausman - in a 3-3 tie at the time.     

I was watching the game last night and the announcers mentioned that Philly is using a full 40 man roster for the rest of the season. Kapler’s strategy is to shorten games and use as many pitchers as needed per game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

I was watching the game last night and the announcers mentioned that Philly is using a full 40 man roster for the rest of the season. Kapler’s strategy is to shorten games and use as many pitchers as needed per game.

Good info.  Still, I think he showed unwarranted confidence in the depth of his bullpen.  He depended on too many so-so arms in a game they needed to win to start a series they almost needed to sweep.      

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ruzious said:

Good info.  Still, I think he showed unwarranted confidence in the depth of his bullpen.  He depended on too many so-so arms in a game they needed to win to start a series they almost needed to sweep.      

Yes, Kapler has already shown a tendency to implement things on which his roster isn’t necessarily able to deliver. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ruzious said:

Good info.  Still, I think he showed unwarranted confidence in the depth of his bullpen.  He depended on too many so-so arms in a game they needed to win to start a series they almost needed to sweep.      

I think the goal of having fresher arms in the playoff makes sense, if you throw their arms off trying to get to the playoffs.

But, you still have to win the games now, too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Redskins Rick said:

I think the goal of having fresher arms in the playoff makes sense, if you throw their arms off trying to get to the playoffs.

But, you still have to win the games now, too.

Yeah, first get in the playoffs.  And if they had a bunch of guys who can go 3 innings, that would be an approach that could work, but most of those guys they use rarely go more than an inning.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

o

 

Braves Eliminated by Dodgers in Game 4 of NLDS

(By Gabriel Burns)

https://www.ajc.com/sports/baseball/braves-eliminated-dodgers-game-nlds/nh5Uq9MTkqy3l7gpPefSIL/

 

 

HOWEVER ........

 

 

The 2018 Braves are Done, but Their Future Awaits

(By Mark Bradley)

https://www.ajc.com/blog/mark-bradley/the-2018-braves-are-done-but-their-future-awaits/JcCIR433DmfwBtGGdAL8sO/

 

o

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...