vs. RED SOX, 4/13

OFFNY

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I actually feel pretty good about our first 4 starters. 

Gausman won't be consistent. Bundy will have the occasional bad start but overall should be our #1. No idea on Cobb; he hasn't pitched for us yet. That leaves Cashner, who looks like he's playing above expectations right now and might eventually have a couple bad starts a la Ubaldo.

All this good starting pitching from our top four pitchers is just bad karma for later. Don't oversell the SP; they're worse than league average in the end. It's a long season. I think only Bundy, Cashner, and maybe Cobb will have a good season when all's said and done.

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Tillman needs to go on the DL or get optioned tomorrow.  Need to open a roster spot for Cobb anyways.

He needs to go to AAA for a month. That will give him some time to see if he can improve. The Orioles owe him nothing. After a month they can bring him back or release him. 

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Tillman needs to go on the DL or get optioned tomorrow.  Need to open a roster spot for Cobb anyways.

+1. If this is healthy Tillman, then he is truly bad and beyond hope. If he has pain or dead arm, go on the DL and see what happens in rehab.

Just now, allquixotic said:

Gausman won't be consistent. Bundy will have the occasional bad start but overall should be our #1. No idea on Cobb; he hasn't pitched for us yet. That leaves Cashner, who looks like he's playing above expectations right now and might eventually have a couple bad starts a la Ubaldo.

All this good starting pitching from our top four pitchers is just bad karma for later. Don't oversell the SP; they're worse than league average in the end. It's a long season. I think only Bundy, Cashner, and maybe Cobb will have a good season when all's said and done.

I didn’t say this was 1970. I think they will keep us in games and eat a hell of a lot more innings than last year.  

Archived