vs. RED SOX, 4/13

OFFNY

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

I respect NY fans more. I was in NYC in 2014 sporting my Orioles hat and had many NYers congratulating me on the Orioles good season. Boston fans are posers 

Yeah, I think NY fans are a bit bemused and genuinely happy for other teams and their fans when they have success.

Just now, SteveA said:

Same here.   

My grandfather was a Red Sox fan, and he was long dead in 2004, but I know he would have loved it, so I kind of rooted for them for him.   He was born in 1898 and died in 1985.

But then they turned into Red Sox nation.

By the same token, in 1978, when the Red Sox opened up the 14.5 game lead in the Yankees and about 20 on the Orioles, I found myself rooting for the Yankees in a June Bos/NYY series just to make it a race.   I sure as heck regretted that by the end of the season.

Just now, Dark Helmet said:

I fell into that trap too.

Sick of NY winning. Hated Arod etc. 

The whole Red Sox nation is made up of front running fans who just latched onto them. 

Just now, Beef Supreme said:

I have encountered aggressive, violent MFY fans on multiple occasions at OPACY. Never anything close from Red Sox fans or any other team's fans, for that matter. Phillies fans have a bad rep, though.

I have only been to about 4 games at Yankee Stadium (YS #2, not the current one that is #3). 

But I have found that the Yankee fans that come to Baltimore are far more violent and aggressive than the ones that inhabit Yankee Stadium.

1 minute ago, Beef Supreme said:

I have encountered aggressive, violent MFY fans on multiple occasions at OPACY. Never anything close from Red Sox fans or any other team's fans, for that matter. Phillies fans have a bad rep, though.

I saw a Phillies - Mets game at the Vet with a friend of mine from college.  I kid you not, we saw someone throw another guy down the concrete stairs between sections.

2 minutes ago, Beef Supreme said:

I only saw one game in NY, old stadium, 1994. In RF seats next to the bleacher creatures. THEY were scary!

I still despise everything thing about the for Baltimore Orioles franchise and all it stands for.

Did you know the MFY lovers have re-written history and declared, against logic and law, that the MFY franchise came about from "virgin birth." So typical of those who believe themselves the chosen and all other franchises mud.

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Sick of NY winning. Hated Arod etc. 

The whole Red Sox nation is made up of front running fans who just latched onto them. 

You seem like an OK guy, bit this is hogwash. Totally untrue. Some may have jumped on the band wagon but the team has an intensely loyal (and large) following.

Archived