Sisco reminds me of Markakis

Frobby

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, NCRaven said:

I think patience is the word with Sisco.  He only started catching as a HS senior.  

That rationale made sense when Sisco was younger, but I don’t give it that much credence now.    Sisco’s been a professional catcher since 2013, and has caught a couple hundred games.   The amount that he played it in high school or before is no longer very relevant.   

That said, I like what I see defensively.     He’s not perfect, but he’s pretty solid, and I agree he should only get better.

45 minutes ago, jtschrei said:

Man, Sisco looks like a pro at the plate. I do think he can stick at catcher. I think this team needs his bat right now. I would move him up in the line-up. 

Yeah, I've probably written out lineups for fun with every person at each spot 1-9 xD. I really would like to see Trey and Chance 1-2 to start us off with what I think would be two quality at bats more times than not.

45 minutes ago, scbalt52 said:

Yeah, I've probably written out lineups for fun with every person at each spot 1-9 xD. I really would like to see Trey and Chance 1-2 to start us off with what I think would be two quality at bats more times than not.

...that will probably happen next year. 

12 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Joseph is getting all 4 starts vs the Red Sox.

He isn't 3 for 3. 

On the two successful steals against him I've seen, his throws weren't good and bounced, along with a slow release. But it seems like he has his moments where he puts everything together and get the runner.

Sisco will start on Saturday.  They have night game on Friday and a day game 1:05 Saturday so even if a left starts which I don't think will as Velaquez has started in the rotation and is right handed.  Buck will not play Caleb Friday night and Saturday afternoon.

14 hours ago, Frobby said:

When I watch Sisco bat, he reminds me a lot of Nick Markakis — very good strike zone judgment, patient, doesn’t overswing and hits the ball where it’s pitched.   I’d be pretty happy if Sisco put up Markakis-like numbers as a catcher.   

Yes but is he as beautiful when he's hot?:D

1 minute ago, Satyr3206 said:

Markakis is a good starting comparison but I think Sisco will hit for more power. Very interesting to watch Sisco and Mancini develop.

IF he hits like Markakis but with more power we are looking at a multiple All-Star who could get MVP votes.

51 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

Sisco will start on Saturday.  They have night game on Friday and a day game 1:05 Saturday so even if a left starts which I don't think will as Velaquez has started in the rotation and is right handed.  Buck will not play Caleb Friday night and Saturday afternoon.

I hope you're right, but Thorne said yesterday that Buck told him Caleb would catch all four.  Maybe they want the veteran catching Cobb Saturday.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

IF he hits like Markakis but with more power we are looking at a multiple All-Star who could get MVP votes.

As hitters that's what I see. I watched Murray and Ripken come up and Sisco and Mancini remind me of them. We'll see.

Caleb's two superb plays vs. the Yankees (the 1-2-5 DP in the 12th inning of the last game and instantly turning the WP bounce off the backstop into a perfect backhand shove to Givens to cut down Gregorius in the other extra-inning game), don't know if Sisco pulls those off. And they were definitely game-savers.

Archived