Ryan McKenna 2018

Luke-OH

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

So, when McKenna and Mullins are both playing for Baltimore, is it Mullins that will stay in CF?  

Mullins is the better centerfielder currently. McKenna is still rough around the edges on tracking and routes. Mullins also has elite body control and McKenna does not. That said, McKenna has a higher ceiling defensively because he's faster and he has a better arm.

8 hours ago, Frobby said:

An OF of McKenna, Mullins and Hays could cover some serious ground.   Not sure where you stash Stewart, Mancini and maybe Mountcastle.    

And Santander has been hitting well in AA.

9 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

And Santander has been hitting well in AA.

We have potentially 6 outfielders who could all be ready to play in Baltimore by 2020:  Stewart, Mullins, Hays, Santander, McKenna, and Mountcastle if he has to be converted.  The first three probably have a 2019 ETA and the second three a 2020.  

1 or 2 probably wash out or won't be everyday players, but it will be interesting to see how they deal with the log jam since prospect for prospect trades almost never happen.  

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

Meh.   .313/.327/.417.    

The power is almost non-existent, like it was in Baltimore.  That is a concern considering he's a corner outfielder and not a plus defender.  

He's falling behind the other OF prospects IMO.  Before I had him behind Mullins and neck in neck with Stewart. 

29 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

The power is almost non-existent, like it was in Baltimore.  That is a concern considering he's a corner outfielder and not a plus defender.  

He's falling behind the other OF prospects IMO.  Before I had him behind Mullins and neck in neck with Stewart. 

He was always a clear tier below those two for me, the raw power is there, but he's not getting to it in-game currently.

On 6/2/2018 at 5:52 PM, weams said:

Vlad Jr. - 19 years old in AA with wRC+ of 208

McKenna - 21 years old in A+ with wRC+ 173

Vlad may be a generational talent at the plate.  McKenna may be a good MLB outfielder.

On 6/1/2018 at 5:19 PM, Frobby said:

An OF of McKenna, Mullins and Hays could cover some serious ground.   Not sure where you stash Stewart, Mancini and maybe Mountcastle.    

I know service time clock issues, etc... but boy would that OF right now make the O's games so much more enjoyable to watch.  They can't possible lose more either, right?

Archived