Chicago Sun: Cubs interested in Manny

Tony-OH

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Rodriguez never played in the majors with the O’s.    But, his minor league season turned around immediately when he was traded.  Hader was in the very low minors and was very good there.   

He had an awful year at Bowie before the trade as well. Injured too. As his career has been.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, weams said:

Your comment and the article don't mesh. Plus, the Dodgers are absolutely not going to throw in the towel for this season.

The "author" is Neil R. -- maybe he imagines himself the Cher of fans with a blog site. There are good reasons to ignore amateur speculation. One reason is talking out of both sides of their mouths. Two weeks ago, the inconsistent vanity sportswriter declared, when considering which team would acquire Manny...

LOS ANGELES DODGERS

With their SS Corey Seager out for the season, we now have clear favorites for Machado. They have the prospects, the need and the motivation.

Verdict: I will be surprised if they don’t acquire him.

Dude thinks they will definitely acquire Machado. Why would they trade for a rental if they are "fold"ing?

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Rodriguez never played in the majors with the O’s.    But, his minor league season turned around immediately when he was traded.  Hader was in the very low minors and was very good there.   

Rodriguez had same issues in minors as he does know with injuries plagued his time down there same now in Boston.

10 minutes ago, bpilktree67 said:

Rodriguez had same issues in minors as he does know with injuries plagued his time down there same now in Boston.

He was finally healthy for a bit in Boston. And then not again as always. 

5 hours ago, Number5 said:

Agree, he's obviously a Dodger fan who isn't very informed about the Orioles, but I could still get behind the type of trade he's talking about.

I could, too. If they do, I hope the author knows more about the quality of the Dodgers’ prospects than he does about the O’s players. 

On 5/8/2018 at 2:56 PM, drjohnnyfeva said:

I completely understand, but they would have fleeced anyone that needed a closer down the run that year.  I'm just saying, we don't seem, nor have we ever seemed, to capitalize on trades.  It takes timing and know-how.  I don't think this organization has either.

Uh, Erik Bedard for Adam Jones and Chris Tillman?  Koji Uehara for Chris Davis and Tommy Hunter?  Few teams were better at capitalizing on trades than the Orioles under Andy MacPhail.  Anyone could easily argue the main, maybe the only, reason the Orioles nearly made it to the WS in 2014  was because the good trades this team made at the time.  But MacPhail had it easier than Duquette because it's much easier to trade very good players when your team is bad than it is to trade for very good players when your team is good.

1 hour ago, George Zuverink said:

I could, too. If they do, I hope the author knows more about the quality of the Dodgers’ prospects than he does about the O’s players. 

He knows that he doesn't want to give up anything in the top 30 past White and Santana/Lux. This would be one player in the top 100 (White is #93).

on Santana......

He has met few pitches that he won't chase and still overswings too hard at times but he's beginning to realize that he has plenty of natural pop. He makes more than enough consistent hard contact to hit for average and power, albeit with few walks.

Sound familiar? 

Honestly, I could get behind White (#4) and Lux being the 1, 2 in the deal. The number 3 would need to be a pitcher with some potential.

id love Ferguson ther #16 who is off to an awesome start or Gonsolin #24.

The 4th player could be one of Jackson, Bannon, or Raley (25-30)

They have a solid farm but at #10 ranked the Os shouldn't be looking further out of it.

10 hours ago, Beef Supreme said:

Your comment and the article don't mesh. Plus, the Dodgers are absolutely not going to throw in the towel for this season.

The "author" is Neil R. -- maybe he imagines himself the Cher of fans with a blog site. There are good reasons to ignore amateur speculation. One reason is talking out of both sides of their mouths. Two weeks ago, the inconsistent vanity sportswriter declared, when considering which team would acquire Manny...

Dude thinks they will definitely acquire Machado. Why would they trade for a rental if they are "fold"ing?

They’re not out of it and are getting  one of their best bats back this week. With the payroll and prospects the Dodgers have, they are buyers looking to make a run over anything else.

8 hours ago, monarchO said:

They’re not out of it and are getting  one of their best bats back this week. With the payroll and prospects the Dodgers have, they are buyers looking to make a run over anything else.

Dodgers have two things going against them to be buyers.

1. They don't want to go over the luxury tax.

2. They don't like giving up their prospects.

Not a good combination to be buyers.

On 5/11/2018 at 11:26 AM, murph said:

Mixing sleeping pills and klonopin?

11 hours ago, andrewochs615 said:

O's have won 5 of 6 at what point do we hear Buck and DD say we are buying

This would be funny if it were not quite possible!

Archived