Renato Nunez Claimed from Texas

Legend_Of_Joey

18 hours ago, OrioleDog said:

Thanks for the insight.  It's certainly possible Oakland moving him off 3B didn't only have to do with Chapman's ascendance.   This is certainly one of those where I have never seen the player and just looking at public domain sources, for whatever they are worth.

If he makes it to AAA though, who is more likely than him to be next year's Opening Day 3B, assuming Beckham back to SS?

Someone we pick up in one of the trades that get done this season. 

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, baltfan said:

Nunez needs to play every day.  The ball jumps off his bat.  

Agreed. His swing looks good. Buck has been playing him pretty regularly. I think there could be something there. The results aren't quite there, but I see potential. 

2 hours ago, baltfan said:

Nunez needs to play every day.  The ball jumps off his bat.  

He has played every game except...2?

His bat is amazing. The ball jumps and finds the gaps real well. Base running sucks, but...

His defense has started to come around a bit more. Being next to Beckham makes him look like Brooks Robinson, but he has been a bit more steady the last few games.

I'm tired of guys who can hit monster bombs but strike out a lot, don't get on base, are slow as molasses, and can't field. Having one or two on the team is okay. The Orioles have 6 in the starting lineup (Trumbo, Davis, Valencia, Nunez, Jones, and Mancini). You can't win like that. 

Nunez isn't good enough, and I don't believe in his potential. His ceiling is Wilson Betemit: a decent hitter who will kill a team with his glove.