Adam Jones - CF

Manny Machado - SS

Jonathan Schoop - 2B

Chris Davis - 1B

Danny Valencia - DH

Chance Sisco - C

Joey Rickard - RF

Jace Peterson - 3B

Alexander Miller Cobb - RHP )) (1-6 4.56 ERA)

CHICAGO WHITE S OX

Yoan Moncada - 2B

Yolmer Sanchez - 3B

Jose Abreu - 1B

Daniel Palka - RF

Welington Castillo - C

Matthew Davidson - DH

Leury Garcia - LF

Tim Anderson - SS

Adam Engel - CF

Dylan Charles Covey - RHP )) (0-1, 6.00 ERA)

http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

o

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok so Trumbo who has been one of the Os best hitters ad went 4-4 yesterday gets benched because he said he gave his best effort on the missed fly ball and implied he shouldn’t be in the outfield. But Bucks guy Davis gets the bat fifth. Buck cant go soon enough.

1 hour ago, TDG27 said:

Ok so Trumbo who has been one of the Os best hitters ad went 4-4 yesterday gets benched because he said he gave his best effort on the missed fly ball and implied he shouldn’t be in the outfield. But Bucks guy Davis gets the bat fifth. Buck cant go soon enough.

Benched? You think Trumbo is an OF? He is a DH. If he is not playing tonight then so what. I think Buck has to play Davis more than we like is because of that horrible contract CD has. Although I agree CD needs to be way down in the batting order. 

2 hours ago, TDG27 said:

Buck claims that Trumbo has a sore knee from sliding into 2nd.   Whether that's true or not...who knows?

When asked by a reporter why he wasn't in the game, Trumbo said to ask Buck.

Of course, Trumbo was still in right AFTER sliding into 2nd on his doubles last night.

Odd situation.   We obviously don't know everything.

23 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Buck claims that Trumbo has a sore knee from sliding into 2nd.   Whether that's true or not...who knows?

When asked by a reporter why he wasn't in the game, Trumbo said to ask Buck.

Of course, Trumbo was still in right AFTER sliding into 2nd on his doubles last night.

Odd situation.   We obviously don't know everything.

If Trumbo said to ask Buck he's fine and Bucks full of it... JMHO

Scrape goat for Buck's horrible BP management last night.

The guy got 4 hits last night he should be the DH?

Just now, TouchemAll said:

If Trumbo said to ask Buck he's fine and Bucks full of it... JMHO

Scrape goat for Buck horrible BP management last night.

The guy got 4 hits last night he should be the DH?

Certainly is odd to see Valencia DHing vs a RH.   Not even Alvarez, let alone Trumbo.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Haha a lil' Yazzle-Dazzle wouldn't hurt
    • If they don't offer half a billion dollars to Gunnar there will be pitchforks. Soto was offered a very nice deal for 440M a couple of years ago and they said no thanks.
    • An asterisk to me doesn't mean the stats are worth zero. But there's an obvious piece of context to the stats in the segregated era that make me see Babe Ruth's 714 as different from Frank Robinson's or Jim Thome's count. I think there's a real chance Josh Gibson was a better player than Babe Ruth... I'm just speculating but that's my guess. Gibson played within the environment that he could at his given time. I'm not going to treat his 1.474 OPS over 39 games like Barry Bonds' 1.472 over 147 games for multiple obvious reasons, but I think his stats should be part of the mix of flawed, old stats.
    • For sure.  But with Chayce, my issue is such a huge percentage of his pitches aren't even close.  They aren't competitive at all and the batter can just write them off.  It puts him in a hole and doesn't help out with sequencing for future pitches.  Stuff is always more important than location, but if you are missing by 2' it doesn't matter how good it is.  At some point the command needs to become a focus for him to make the next step.  
    • I remember when he was hired as GM.  His goal was to establish "an elite talent pipeline"...   On Opening Day, I was convinced he had achieved his goal.  The Major League Team won over 100 games last year and we had the #1 rated farm system.     Since then, I am a lot less sure...  With the exception of Basallo, NONE of our International guys have achieved anything noteworthy.  We have graduated a few guys up to the Majors but many of our "better" prospects and/or high draft picks have been really struggling.  Beavers has been just ok. Bradfield I knew would struggle to hit and has zero power.  Wagner has been hurt and ineffective. Horvath is really having an awful year.  I know, we still have Mayo, Norby, Holliday doing pretty well, and Basallo...  but is the Elite Talent Pipeline drying up??  We really need Elias to hit on 1 or 2 guys this year in a big way...
    • Why wouldn't they? Gunnar played excellent defense at 3B last season as well. Mookie Betts, a lock future Hall of Famer, plays anywhere the Dodgers need him to. Absolutely no reason Gunnar can't do the same. Both Gunnar and Mookie are winning players who will do what the team needs of them in terms of their defensive position. If Westburg goes down, keeping Gunnar at SS and refusing to move him to 3B for some kind of preferential reason is not winning, team-first baseball.  If Norby gets called up to begin with, Urias is the guy to release to make room for him on the roster. So Urias wouldn't be an option in the event of a Westburg injury. If Norby gets called up and Stowers gets sent down, that's a different scenario obviously. But I think Urias should be the next guy on the chopping block. And if Urias is indeed released, Gunnar should be moved to 3B with Mateo at SS and Maton at 2B on a short-term basis in the event of a Westburg injury.
    • It's like someone hijacked the account lol. Been a member for 13 years, no posts, 300 troll posts in 2 days.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now