Belliard

gallden

I remember a couple years back after Ramon flipped his bat on a walk-off job against Scot Shields and the Angels, Shields said something to the effect of, Hey, if he hits the ball that far, he can do whatever he wants.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The guy just hit a 2-out, 2-strike, walkoff HR to beat their rivals and clinch a series.

You guys do realize that the majority of MLers would've reacted that way, or some other showboaty way that could be misconstrued as showing up the other team?

Not too many players just put their head down and sprint around the bases with a blank look on their face after doing that.

Much ado about nothing here.

So if someone were to hit a game winning homerun off Kerry Wood, start walking around the bases, look at Wood, spit on the ground, and then proceed to jog around the bases, you'd have absolutly no objections? Be honest.

I remember a couple years back after Ramon flipped his bat on a walk-off job against Scot Shields and the Angels, Shields said something to the effect of, Hey, if he hits the ball that far, he can do whatever he wants.

Flipping his bat =/= staring the pitcher down and spitting.

Wow...the crap I miss by being on the wrong side of the field.

I watched the ball go out, and didn't pick up Belliard until he was around second base. I'll have to watch a video of this one.

The Orioles almost broke the Sunday curse. Too bad. Another tough luck ND for Guthrie.

Wow...the crap I miss by being on the wrong side of the field.

I watched the ball go out, and didn't pick up Belliard until he was around second base. I'll have to watch a video of this one.

The Orioles almost broke the Sunday curse. Too bad. Another tough luck ND for Guthrie.

It's on MLB.com. The original shot breaks away but when they show the replays, he clearly stares down Sherrill and spits. Class act right there.

I mean, seriously, if you felt disrespected because they pitched around the guy in front of you...hitting a homer pretty much says it all. Staring and spitting before breaking out in to your trot is just bush.

The guy just hit a 2-out, 2-strike, walkoff HR to beat their rivals and clinch a series.

You guys do realize that the majority of MLers would've reacted that way, or some other showboaty way that could be misconstrued as showing up the other team?

Not too many players just put their head down and sprint around the bases with a blank look on their face after doing that.

Just stay out of the thread. I haven't even seen the walk off yet so I can't even comment on Belliard. You very well could be 100% right. However, the fact that a Cubs fan is commenting in an admitted reactionary thread between the O's and Nats on an O's board is the definition of trolling.

You do realize that in the postgame Belliard pretty much flat out admitted to showing up Sherrill because HE felt disrespected because HE felt that they pitched around Young to get to him?

What a crock. Who pitches around the guy who represents the tying run at the plate with 2 outs in the 9th. Yeah, lets put the tying run on and bring the winning run to the plate with 2 out in the 9th. You don't walk Babe Ruth in that situation.

Just stay out of the thread. I haven't even seen the walk off yet so I can't even comment on Belliard. You very well could be 100% right. However, the fact that a Cubs fan is commenting in an admitted reactionary thread between the O's and Nats on an O's board is the definition of trolling.

To be fair Davearm is a regular poster.

It's on MLB.com. The original shot breaks away but when they show the replays, he clearly stares down Sherrill and spits. Class act right there.

I mean, seriously, if you felt disrespected because they pitched around the guy in front of you...hitting a homer pretty much says it all. Staring and spitting before breaking out in to your trot is just bush.

OK...I've seen it now. That was bush. No, I take that back. That was sub-bush. That was shrub.

Ronnie Belliard: hero to schrutebags everywhere.

Not really. He came in and gave his opinion about what happened. I don't see the problem.

To be fair Davearm is a regular poster.

Yeah, there are few things "regular" about Dave's posts. This one was pretty indicative of them, over all.* And being regular doesn't preclude one from being a troll.*

* Right or wrong, his perspective is, usually, that we're all (or at least 75% of us) a bunch of over-reacting sub-cretin morons who'd be lucky to be Cub fans. He may be right. But we don't need to hear it after a tough loss.

*I think I just discovered a new Metamucil advertisement.

only the media thinks they are our rivals. The Brewers are more rivals to us then the Nats. I also disagree that most players would act like that. I think cheering, jumping or arm in the air would be called for, but instead he acted like a fat turd.

OK...I've seen it now. That was bush. No, I take that back. That was sub-bush. That was shrub.

Ronnie Belliard: hero to schrutebags everywhere.

You must return here with a shrubbery, or else, you will never pass through this wood... alive.

Not really. He came in and gave his opinion about what happened. I don't see the problem.

I know he's a regular and he has a right to express his opinion but it's trolling. There is absolutely no need for him to respond in a reactionary thread where O's fans are venting about a heartbreaking loss.

And for the record I don't really have a problem with what Beliard did. I can't say I like it but it was no different than what you would see from a majority of MLB players who did the same thing in the same situation these days.

Archived