Belliard

gallden

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Luke Scott would not do that. Nick Markakis would not do that. Adam Jones would not do that.

Guess we don't have enough Thug lifestyle in Baltimore.

Neither would/did Ripken. I remember a Twins game where they pitched around somebody to load the bases for Cal in the 9th. Forget if he ended up driving them in.

I can't stand a couple of the players on the Nats. They have that tough guy/arrogant attitude. Belliard, D. Young, Dukes, and Milledge come to mind. They all think they are the greatest ball players alive. I wouldn't be a Nats fan even if the O's didn't exist because I don't like a few of the players attitudes. What Belliard did doesn't surprise me. I never have like Belliard from his days with the Indians. He tries to act like Manny... minus being a good hitter. Manny may be arrogant, but at least his numbers back it up. Belliard is just lousy but thinks he is as good as Manny.

It.

Was.

Not.

A.

Strike.

Sherill shouldn't have thrown a meatball with the next pitch.

I don't know that is was a meatball, but, the ONLY way Belliard is hitting it out is down the LF line.... .so throwing a curve to the inside portion was a terrible pitch selection... ok... it was a meatball.

Honestly, I don't get all that upset after losses. I mean, we're about 20 games better than I thought we'd be anyway. So far, this is all gravy.

I hate it Jim, hate it!!! I don't see any silver linings in a loss and I cannot be happy setting a goal to be mediocre... the idea is winning....

Wait a second now.

Apparently we both feel Belliard's behavior "was no different than what you would see from a majority of MLB players who did the same thing in the same situation these days."

But I'm trolling and you're not?

If you don't see the difference in an Orioles fan being in this thread and a Cubs fan I can't help you. It's not the time, it's 5-30 min after a heartbreaking loss. You had no emotion invested in the game at all.

I know if I was in a Chi sports bar even as a regular wearing an O's hat after the Cubs just lost on a walkoff to the Sox and the hitter showed the Cubs up I wouldn't be going around jumping into the patrons conversations and spouting off my opinion on the subject. If was not necessary and I dare say not wanted for your opinion to be heard even though it was your right to do so.

If you don't see the difference in an Orioles fan being in this thread and a Cubs fan I can't help you. It's not the time, it's 5-30 min after a heartbreaking loss. You had no emotion invested in the game at all.

I know if I was in a Chi sports bar even as a regular wearing an O's hat after the Cubs just lost on a walkoff to the Sox and the hitter showed the Cubs up I wouldn't be going around jumping into the patrons conversations and spouting off my opinion on the subject. If was not necessary and I dare say not wanted for your opinion to be heard even though it was your right to do so.

Careful...these kinds of blade-thin distinctions will fall on mostly deaf ears. And some of those who recognize the difference will willfully ignore them because they get a kick out of their day's work on the board.

Where in CC are you from, by the way?

I hate it Jim, hate it!!! I don't see any silver linings in a loss and I cannot be happy setting a goal to be mediocre... the idea is winning....

I completely understand. We may not be built the same, but I get where you're coming from. No doubt.

I seen him spit between his teeth as he was watching the ball fly, not while staring down Sherril. It was a few steps after spitting that he started staring at Sherrill. I see no "serious" disrespect in that, although it is a shame that the "HAHA walk" is common place, wouldn't happen in the old days.

Archived